Chapter 2 - Green Eyes

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Someone to watch over me.

Chapter 2 – Green eyes.

No One's POV

Tori's alarm buzzed at 10:30 AM sharp, waking her for another day. She sat up in bed as she'd done many times before, but this time something felt off. Physically she felt fine, more than fine actually, but it was something else that was bothering her. Quickly silencing the alarm, she surveyed her bedroom. Nothing looked any different than it did the previous day. Her dresser and stuff on it, was as it should be, the closet door was closed, the room door was closed. But yet something in her mind seemed to be reaching out to her. Yet it was just out of reach.

For a moment Tori looked at the empty chair sitting in the corner as if she expected something to be there. Nothing was there.

Nothing physically seemed wrong, Tori looked at herself and she was wearing her Kitty Pajamas and her waitress uniform from last night was in the laundry basked in the closet.

Not able to shake the feeling, Tori exited her bedroom into the main area of her small apartment. Again, all looked very normal. The first thing she went to check with any detail, was her purse.

Green eyes.

The thought blew through Tori's mind like a flash, then vanished. Yet the Latina had no idea why. It was unsettling.

Tori's purse was in the same place she always left it. On the small table just inside her doorway. Her keys were in the outside zipper pocket. Checking her wallet, all was there, even the 43 dollars in tips she had gotten last night from work. Her coat hung on the hook as it normally did and looked fine.

Last night.

Again, a thought flashed quickly through her mind.

"What about last night?" Tori, still half asleep mumbled.

Thinking back, she recalled a horrid nightmare about being dragged into an alley by some man. The rest was just a jumble of images. A sudden movement from the side, the smell of sweet perfume and green eyes. Then Tori remembered dreaming of the man making an odd gurgling sound. After that, all Tori could remember was someone whispering softly to her. She couldn't remember what was said, only that it was soothing.

Searching her mind, only one word came into focus.

"Safe."

Shaking off the odd dream, Tori went in the bathroom to take her shower. She couldn't take her time, as her 1st class was at 12 noon.

As she took her shower Tori felt the need to check herself, but there were no marks of any kind on her body. The dream seemed so real; Tori couldn't shake the feeling.

Tori pushed it aside and got ready for her first class. She had to work hard to support herself and go to school, it wasn't easy. Tori worked her 7:30PM-4:00 am shift at the diner and then went home to sleep. She had classes from noon to 4 and then had a bit of time to relax and eat dinner before going to work. Not every day was like that, Tori rarely worked on the weekends and usually did homework, wrote songs or caught up on her sleep. It was a hard schedule but knew it would payoff eventually.

As the day and her classes continued, she kept replaying the events of the dream in her head. But kept focusing in on the voice.

Female.