Chapter 30 - Adjusting to a new life

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Someone to watch over me.

Chapter 30 - Adjusting to a new life.

No One's POV.

Even though Jade had begun talking, it was only sporadically. When she did, her words were halting and rather confused. Mentally, she was still for the most part, gone. Tori also noticed that Jade would become restless, if she was out of Jade's sight for too long. The broken Goth, only seemed content when Tori was holding her.

Tori made a point to drink her blood out of Jade's sight and to not flash her new fangs. Tori played nursemaid and snuggled with Jade a lot. They would lay together for hours at a time, watching movies and television, all through the night.

Father Ramirez, would make regular checkups to see how they were doing. He did say that the church thanked Jade for returning the cross and believed his story of the miracle that had happened. Father Ramirez, further said that a good chunk of list of vampires hiding places he was given, were still active. Some did appear to have fallen into disuse for one reason or another.

The clans, who were already in disarray and confusion because the sudden demise of the council, suffered yet another, blow when specially trained vampire hunter priests raided many of the hiding places. Upon realizing the list, though slightly out of date, was genuine, they struck quick and hard.

In one night, the leadership of no less than 3 clans was wiped out, along with a good number of rank-and-file vampires. What remained of the Aesir clan, had in fact been completely wiped out. Upon hearing that, Tori noticed a brief smirk on Jade's face. Father Ramirez told Tori that the war had been a stalemate for well over a thousand years.

But with the destruction of the council and the information provided by Jade, nearly the entire vampire hierarchy had been crushed. The survivors were scattered and went into hiding. The vampire clans that were left intact quickly turned on each other, in a bid for supremacy. Though the war would continue, the forces of the church were now overwhelmingly winning. In the next year, police around the world, would notice a strange and sudden drop in missing person's cases, along with a decrease in unsolved murders.

In the months that followed, Tori devoted herself to nursing Jade back to health. Her bones healed quickly and within a few months her skin began to regenerate. Regardless, Jade remained extremely weak and only very gradually regained her strength. Besides going out on their patio at night, the pair did not venture from their penthouse. Tori was right, her having to nurse Jade back to health, helped her cope with her own troubles. Jade was supportive in any way she could, but often was not totally there.

In the free time she had, Tori threw herself into writing and recording music. While sad, she couldn't do daytime activities or attend school, she was happy to have Jade. They lived in their own little world. Besides cuddling and watching television, the second she felt Jade was up to it, Tori began to make love to Jade on a very regular basis. Tori knew it would deepen the bond between them and only further help Jade. Often times, Tori would just walk up, take Jade's hand quietly and say.

"Let me show how much I love you." Then Tori would lead Jade to their crypt and lovemaking would commence.

After the first few sessions, Tori was convinced it was having a positive effect. It seemed to combat Jade's crushing sense of guilt and pain for having failed Tori.

Like her physical injuries, her mind gradually recovered. Her periods of lucidity started to become longer and longer and she returned to a semblance of her old self, but that took nearly 8 months.