Chapter 5 - Sing for your supper

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Someone to watch over me.

Chapter 5 - Sing for your supper.

No One's POV

AN: Long chapter here with a good number of songs mentioned. I only put the lyrics for one and not even all of them. But the others are worth listening to as I chose them carefully in most cases.

As Tori rode the bus home, she could only wonder about her mystery woman. While she did not fully trust Jade, she was well aware that if Jade wanted to harm her, she already could have. Tori had dated women before and even had a girlfriend for a year and a half in high school, but Jade was unlike any other women she'd ever known.

When she saw the Goth coming in the door of the bar, her heart skipped at least 3 or 4 beats. That raven black hair, those green eyes, that body. But it's more than the physical. Though she can't remember what exactly was said, Tori kept thinking about that soft caring whispering she remembered. It made her feel loved and safe. It was a wonderful feeling.

The next few days were very odd. While Tori went about her business as she always did, she now suspected that Jade was around. On her break in the alley, she now sensed that Jade was somewhere nearby. At first, she was tempted to call Jade out and have her come down, but just played along.

Tori did make a point to pick a few songs that either expressed her interest in Jade or ones that she may like. The first night, she sung another jazz standard. "I've got you under my skin."

The next night it was "Black Magic Woman" By Santana. The night after Tori did something current and sang Domino by Jessie J. The next couple nights Tori stuck with the 1970's and it was "Take a Chance on me" By Abba and "Shadow Dancing" by Andy Gibb.

Friday night was the last night before the date and Tori picked something she thought was very special. She even took the liberty of practicing the song. That night Tori belted out a perfect version of "Sparks Fly" By Taylor Swift.

That night as she as her break was ending and she was headed inside Tori for the first time spoke directly to the person she knew was there.

"Ok. You've heard me sing for the last 6 nights and I do hope you've enjoyed it. Be prepared to sing for me." Tori said with a smile.

A moment later Tori could hear Jade's voice come out of the darkness. "I certainly have and you most certainly shall."

Tori laughed. "That's good. Are you going to make sure I get to the bus stop alright?"

"I always do."

Tori had to admit the whole thing was rather strange, but fun at the same time. "Thank you. Good night Jade."

"Good night Victoria."

Jade had immensely enjoyed the mini concerts the last 6 nights. This time she knew the songs were meant for her and she loved each one. Each song made Jade look more forward to the next date. It was like a light in the darkness and Jade couldn't stop heading towards it.

She still worried about the future and what Tori would think when she found out. But Jade was determined to enjoy each and every single second up to that moment.

Saturday night came around and Tori was excited and a bit nervous. She had picked her nicest blue dress and spent a huge amount of time getting her hair and makeup done just right.

Finally finished and ready to go at 8:20 Tori spent 10 minutes pacing back and forth nervously. At 8:30 on the dot the buzzer rang indicating someone was downstairs for her.