Chapter 6 - Time is a thief

Disclaimer: The Show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Someone to watch over me.

Chapter 6 – Time is a thief.

No One's POV

As she made dinner, Tori had a hell of a time focusing on the task at hand. Half her mind was on the enchiladas she was making and the other half was on the woman she was making them for. Tori was trying the make them the way her grandmother used to make them. But her mind kept drifting to that raven haired beauty that was coming over tonight. Tori was beyond happy that last night's date had gone so well.

The scariest part for her was when she laid out exactly what she wanted. She wanted someone who would be in for the long haul and be interested in slowly building a solid relationship. She could have avoided saying that, but Tori wanted no illusions. She was not going to be just a fling or a roll in the hay, she wanted to be a girlfriend.

The few seconds between when Tori laid it all out and Jade's response felt like an eternity. Tori was so afraid this woman would just give her a sad looking smile and just walk out of her life. Instead, Jade indicated that she wanted very much the same thing. That part was Tori's favorite part of the whole date. She liked it even more than the fabulous good night kiss. Because a relationship would mean that there would be many more kisses like that to come and all the other wonderful things that go along with it.

Tori was making the final preparations when the buzzer rang a few minutes before 8:30. After confirming it was Jade, Tori buzzed her in and opened the door a crack. A few moments later she heard Jade's voice.

"You know you really shouldn't just leave your door open like that. " Jade said sounding a bit concerned as she came in the door and shut it.

Tori came out of the kitchen, wearing an apron that said "Kiss the cook."

Upon seeing the apron Jade put the bottle of wine she was holding on the table next to the door and put her arms around the Latina. Jade gave Tori a brief but affectionate kiss an instant after gazing into Tori's eyes.

After the kiss Tori went and locked the door. "You're right. I shouldn't leave the door open like that that. I'd had to let a mass murderer in. Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes. Come in the kitchen."

As Tori went into the kitchen, Jade shifted uncomfortably for a moment as she realized that the words mass murderer fit her perfectly. While she had no real regrets about what she had done, Jade didn't want to dwell on it. Doing so would only spoil the perfect feeling she had when she was with Tori.

Shaking off that, Jade picked up the wine bottle and came in the kitchen. "I brought some red wine. Give me a corkscrew, some glasses and I'll set us up."

Tori pointed out what Jade needed and soon they were at the table eating. "Tori the food is delicious. Very authentic. I'm most impressed." Jade said as she raised a glass.

Tori raised her in turn. "Excellent wine."

They had dinner and talked. Jade being a bit more comfortable with Tori let some of her morbid humor through which didn't seem to bother Tori in the slightest. It was in interesting story about how people in Manhattan use the obituaries to find both jobs and rent controlled apartments.

"Tori, the moral of the story is. Death and a well detailed obituary is your friend."

Tori laughed. "So is that how you got your place?" Tori then scrunched her face briefly. "Come to think of it, I don't even know where you live or even have your phone number. It helps a lot in dating when the person you're dating actually knows how to contact you."