(6) Thinking Of You

Aleksi

(Friday)

It was Joonas, Niko and I in the recording studio. Niko was explaining how he wanted the track to sound like.  I played a couple of samples and showed him.

"Yes the third one sounds excellent!" Niko says, while Joonas was jamming along with us.

"You seem different Aleksi less stressed, how was your hurricane day off?" Joonas asks me. I glanced at the blonde haired guitarist.

"It was fine. I may have met someone, although it was kind of a two night stand situation." I explain to my friend.

"Wait you had sex?" Joonas asks smirking at me.

"Our little man is growing up, isn't he honey?" Niko says walking over to Joonas and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You two are weird!" I said, they both ruffled my hair.

"Oh so Joel is having a party. I think he's inviting Mark and his girlfriend and their roommate." Niko says and I nodded while typing away on my keyboard.

"So what does that have to do with me?" I asked the vocalist and guitarist.

"Maybe we can find you a girlfriend." Niko says to me. No thank you, I'm thinking about Lilith. My mind went back to Lilith again.

"When is it?" I asked the guys.

"Next Saturday!" They both yell.

"Alright you idiots I can hear you." I said, I wonder who the roommate is? Anyway, I got my headphones on continued working.

Another exhausting day at the recording studio, I decided to take a shower and head to bed. Because I was exhausted, ugh why didn't I take her phone number? I could use a cuddle buddy sometimes. I rolled over and went to sleep.

Lilith

I got home and I sighed dreamily.

"Oh you're back! How was your date?" Faith asks, while I start to undo my boots and take off my jacket.

"Uh it was amazing. Oh my God he was amazing, really cute. But such a shame I didn't get his number. We had a two night stand." I said with a smile.

"Damn girl. That sounds adventurous. What did he look like?" She asks me. I sat on the stool.

"He had black hair, these amazing bright blue eyes. He looked like Prince Eric from the Little Mermaid." I say dreamily.

"Cool! So did you get the job?" She asks me.

"Yes ma'am I did! I start Monday and I'll be moving out soon." I said to her.

"You don't have too. But there's something I need to tell you. So you know one of Mark's friend is hosting a party on Saturday and we're all invited." Faith tells me.

"Why me? Because Marks want you to meet Joel and his band mates." Faith says.

"Wait band mates? Why me? There's a catch, are you setting me up?" I asked.

"Maybe." Faith says. I wonder what she was thinking.

"We should go shopping tomorrow." Faith says.

"Why? Because don't you want to wow them?" Faith asks me. I hated this girl.

"You want me to wear something risqué?" I asked her with a laugh and she nods. I shoved my dark blue haired friend laughing.

"Hell yes! You got a hot body, you should flaunt it." Faith says while wrapping her arm around me. I laughed.

"I have an idea we should go a black and white matching outfit. I'll wear white and you can wear black?" I suggested and she nods.

"I like the way you think bestie!" Faith says. We decided to have a girls night, just gossiping and watching movies.

(Monday)

I pulled on my black slacks with an nice emerald green blouse and heels. Grabbing my handbag, I rushed toward the metro and got to the University hospital.

They gave me a tour of where I would be working and doing stuff. It was quite exciting, I was a physicians assistant. They introduced me to Dr Mikkelsen. He was pretty cool, mid fifties.

"Hello Ms Pendragon, welcome to the team!" He says. I smiled and shook his hand and begin looking at the charts of patients. Ugh, this was going to be a long week. I would definitely be looking forward to a party on Saturday. Sighing, I wish I could be snuggled in bed and not do anything all day. 

I found myself thinking about Aleksi, I'm an idiot. I should have asked to stay, I am sure he would not have refused. But what was I supposed to do? I wanted to be an independent woman and not depend on a man, but it's not that I don't want to love someone, I always have this mentality of making sure to have the security of my own independence. That's what I strived for, yes love is beautiful and all. But sometimes when you get smitten, you focus on the play part but not the realistic portion. 

One thing my parents always taught me is that you should never be in debt to anyone, you should always have something of your own in order to live comfortably. Not going to lie that is true, but at the same time, one should have passion for life. Especially when Spencer cheated, my life was thrown up in the air. But for some reason when I was around Aleksi, something felt really different.

I don't know... maybe we would never see each other again, but a part of me hoped to see him again and perhaps give him a chance. I mean who wouldn't right? He's fucking hot. Like the way his black hair glistens in the light, those bright blue eyes so crystalline that they take away the air out of my lungs. His black and grey tattoos were one of my favourite features, it just gave him a bad boy look. Although he was a sweet heart. 

I was typing away on my computer and hopefully, everything would work out for the best. Faith had given me a month to find an apartment well it would be great, especially getting money with my profession was always a bonus. But we shall see what happens. 

It was four o'clock in the evening, it was home time. I packed up my shit and decided to head home since it was the end of the workweek. I decided to take a walk around town, my burgundy hair blew around in the breeze. Hopefully, there might be something out there for me. 

I got home and I saw Faith and Mark kissing. God, they're so lucky to have each other. I took off my coat and kicked off my heels and decided to head into my room. I pulled up my computer and started to cue up Dexter and continued watching it until I fell asleep.

But oh boy, this week was going to be a long one. I could sense it.

A/N: This is just a filler chapter! The next one will be good... I promise. When Aleksi finds Lilith, this time he will ask her to stay hopefully, but you guys have to stay tuned. Also, I  posted a Blind Channel short stories book, if anyone wants to request one, please feel free to comment on there. Feel free to request! Thank you! - MyVictim