(9) What Would My Mama Do?

Lilith

I found myself rushing out of the house to head to work. My high top converse hitting the pavement. The rainy day described how I felt.

"Good morning Lilith you look deep in thought." Lizzie says causing me to jump out of my skin.

"Yeah I don't know just thinking about Aleksi and stuff that's happening. I'm trying to figure out what's happening? Are we fuck buddies? Will it lead into a relationship?" I said with a sigh.

God we had sex three times, and it's so complex that my mind is racing. What would my mama do? I asked myself.

"Especially I was with Spencer, what if I find Aleksi with another girl? What if history repeats itself?" I said to Lizzie feeling myself panicking. Lizzie sighs and hands me the mug of steaming coffee.

"Yes that does sound complicated! Does he make you feel like those little black butterflies?" Lizzie asks me. Did he? Yes... but so many questions were swimming in my head.

No, Lilith don't fall for him... don't fall for him! My brain screamed at me. But my heart said another. I don't know anymore.

I shook the thoughts from my head and continued diving into work. I had a ton of charts, I rushed around in my white lab coat.  Lunch time came, my thoughts were racing again. All I could think about Aleksi.

"Uh Lilith maybe you should give him a chance? Like get to know him and fight hard not to sleep with him." Lizzie points out.

"He asked me to move in with him. Because Faith wants me out like within a month. My parents and I signed over the lease in her name." I said with a sigh.

"Damn that sounds a bit messy. Also Aleksi sounds sweet to offer that." She says with a smile.

"Well that's not all he started listing things like adopting a puppy and stuff. But am I ready I don't know?" I whisper with my head in my head sighing.

"Well I would say take your time! You're smart, you'll make the right decision." Lizzie says.

(Thursday)

My mum and dad invited me for dinner, I smooth out my burgundy dress:

I knocked on the door and our butler Paisley opened the door.

"Ah Ms Lilith so good to see you!" Paisley says and gives me a hug.

"It's always a pleasure to see you also. Where are mother and father?" I asked them. Paisley leads me down the hall and I found my parents sitting at the long dining hall table. I made an effort in my appearance.

"Ah there's my little darling daughter!" My father says and gives me a hug and a kiss.

"Hello father." I said with a smile and walked over to my dark haired mother and give her a hug.