(23) Burn With Me

Lilith

I had to meet Aleksi's parents today and I stood in front of my mirror dressed in:

Aleksi walks over to me and smiles, he spun me around. My burgundy hair was sleek straight, light natural make-up and sheer lipgloss.

I was nervous to say the least, I pulled on my white heeled Valentino shoes. I saw Joonas and Mia chilling on the couch.

"So what do you think? Is too much?" I asked them and they shook their head no. I grabbed my clutch and Aleksi's hand. We walked toward my Maserati and I unlocked the door and we both climbed in.

"Hey baby I'm so nervous! They'll hate me for sure." I say to Aleksi while he entered the address in the GPS.

"Relax baby my dad will love you, I'm sure my mum will too." Aleksi says with a smile, trying to ease my nerves but I was terrified to say the least.

Aleksi walked me into his family home, he looked different when he was blonde, almost angelic. I saw his mother and father approach us, I shook their hand.

"Hi Aleksi, it's so good of you to join us and whose this?" His mother asks, while Aleksi pulls me close to him.

"This is my girlfriend Lilith." He says and his mother looked me up and down with disgust on her face. His father seemed nice and shook my hand.

"Hi Lilith I'm Mathias. Aleksi's father and this is my wife Emmi." His father introduced himself to me, I smiled.

"It's lovely to meet you Mr and Mrs Kaunisvesi." I said with a small smile. I could see his mother not approving of me. I felt so nervous, it is not a good sign.

"So what do you do?" Mr Kaunisvesi asks me.

"Well Mr Kaunisvesi I graduated university with pre-med and I'm working with Dr Mikkelsen at the University hospital." I said with a smile and his mother scoffed. Well I do two jobs: work a full time career plus a band.

"That's amazing! How did you and Aleksi meet?" His father asked well that was kind of complex. His mum was giving me glares and Aleksi saved it.

"We met at the party, she had a mutual friend through Joel, his name was Mark." Aleksi says and I smiled at him.

"Tell me Lilith are you after Aleksi's money?" His mother asks me, hell no I wasn't.

"No Mrs Kaunisvesi the reason I went to university was to advance myself. I got a decent paying job, especially my family owns the Pendragon Corps." I said, I could feel Aleksi holding my hand under the table.

"What about that car did you get it from a sugar daddy?" His mum asks me, wow how could she be so rude?

"No Mrs Kaunisvesi this was a present from my parents." I whispered, it felt like I had to explain myself. His mum didn't approve of me, her eyes glancing at my hair, my tattoos and the way I looked.