Chapter 36

Chapter 36 – Maia’s POV

Zayn’s heart thump steadily as my head lay upon his chest while his arms wound around me, making me feel safe and comfortable. If I can only have one pillow for the rest of my life, it would be him. The roar of car engine the only sound we can hear as we enjoy a few stolen moments together. One of his hands moves to remove the wisps of my platinum blonde hair that are covering the side of my face and placing it behind my ear. “I wish we can just stay like this,” he sighs, resting his head on top of mine. “Nothing’s going right.”

“Hmm-hmm,” I agree, “How’s Niall, it’s been, what, two days since his accident?”

He groan, “He’s… coping, I guess,” running a hand through his hair, “Still no words on Clover though Larissa said she’s probably in New York since that’s the reason her brother came here in the first place but she doesn’t reply to any of our calls or texts but her brother did answered our call last night.”

“And what did he say?”

“That’s the thing,” he sighs, “Aaron doesn’t really know of her whereabouts, she checks in every once in a while and she stays at their penthouse apartment in the city but he hadn’t actually saw her in person since they got off the airport. Niall’s worrying over her and he’s talking to Harry about hiring the private investigator he hired to find Rose. They’ll go from there.” I sit up straight to raise my eyebrows at the last couple of sentence, already missing his touch as he unwinds his arms from around me.

I ask in disbelieve, “Private investigator?”

Zayn grins, “Yeah, he can’t stop thinking about Rose so he hired one to find her since he didn’t have much to go on and doesn’t really have the time to search the world. That wouldn’t stop him from finding her though.”

“You guys are used to getting what you want, don’t you?” I narrow my eyes at him, a small smile stretch upon my lips. He answers with a nonchalant shrug, smirking. “Speaking of which, what is Louis going to do? Larissa seems set on her decision when I saw her yesterday. Are they really over?” I recall her moping around yesterday; I could just see the stubbornness in her eyes, and my smile drop to a frown. “They were perfect together.”

He groans, hanging his head back on the car seat, “That’s the other thing that’s going wrong. Louis didn’t mean what he said but he’s just angry that Larissa stood him up when Ann said that she was on her way before she cancels and then seeing her with Aaron, he just assumed the worst.” I place my hand on his shoulder, offering my comfort. Zayn places his hand on top of mine, caressing the back of my hand, before continuing, “Lou tried to talk to her without his anger getting the best of him but with Larissa’s accusation, he just snapped. He really cares about her and she doubted him. So now he’s got a lot of apologizing to do, if only she’d listen.”

I intertwine my hand that’s on his shoulder with his and smile at his frustration, I find I nice that he really cares for his best mates. Not to mention that cute little vein protruding on his forehead whenever he’s upset or just thinking hard. “At least Liam and Ann are back together,” I say, reminding him of the bright side of the week. “I’m glad they worked it out, you don’t know how heart-breaking it is to watch Ann try to act strong.”

“I’ll take your word for it,” he says, playing with my fingers, then quietly, “Liam’s doing the best he can to make up to her, he can sense that she’s going to be wary of him until he proves to her that she’s the only girl he loves, besides his mom and sisters of course. But right now, I’m more concern about you and me. Is there any chance that your parents will approve of us if we tell them?” I cringe at that that, remembering that my mom already knows about us but I haven’t told Zayn yet.