Chapter 22

Chapter 22 – Rose’s POV

            I feel his hand in my hair, gently caressing it and pushing back the ones covering my face. Opening my eyes, I blink rapidly and shield my eyes from the streaming light. A face of a guy appears in front of me; straight blonde hair and hypnotizing brown eyes. He smiles, “Hey, Rose. I’m glad you’re awake, come on, I want to show you something.” I sit up and find that I have been lying on his lap. He offers his hand to which I take, pull me up and lead me to a tree. “Do you remember?” I scan the tree and see something engraved on it: ‘Will and Rose Forever’.

“Who’s Will? What’s going on here?” I ask him, backing away. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in Harry’s arm. “Who are you and where’s Harry?”

The guy’s face becomes sad. “You don’t remember. Don’t worry, in time, you will.”

I jolt up, breathing heavily.

A hand rest on my shoulder and I jump. “Hey, hey, it’s only me.” I look into the green of Harry’s eyes and look around to a familiar surrounding – Niall’s living room. Niall and Clover is looking at me with worried eyes, stopped playing Niall’s guitar. I calm my breathing and run my hand through my hair. “Did you have a bad dream?”

“I-I don’t know,” I mutter, shaking my head.

“Do you want to talk about it? It helps,” he offers and I nod but look uncomfortably at Niall, Clover, Liam and Ann, I don’t want them to know about it. Embarrass of what they might’ve think. “I’m going to take a shower for a while; we’ll talk in the garden, okay?” I smile at Harry gratefully for his understanding and go to the backdoor that leads to the garden. Louis and Larissa are in the kitchen, talking and joking around; Louis have his arms around Larissa in a tight embrace with her back to him as he whispers to her ear. I don’t know why I feel a pang in my heart as I watch them.

Larissa notices my presence, “Hey, Rose!” she greets me. I offer them a polite smile before stepping out to the back porch. It creak a bit as I slowly make my way down the cobblestone path of the garden, leading to a wooden bench. The night air brushes against my skin and I enjoy the feeling. I sit on the bench and look around the garden and the night’s sky, noticing two figures sitting on the roof with a gasp. My heart leaps out of my chest until I realize it’s only Zayn and Maia as they wave at me. What the heck are they doing up there? I return their wave nonetheless.

Returning my gaze to the beautiful garden, their array of color can’t be seen in the dim light however, I do notice, the flower I’m named after; a beautiful red rose is blooming at the side of the bench. By the looks of it, it’s fairly new and blossoms beautifully. I trace my finger softly on its petals, feeling the softness and its delicateness before my head throbs.

I’m walking down a hallway, waving at various people as I make my way to the double door exit of the building with my hand tightly clutching the books to my chest. Pushing the door open, I notice how it’s drizzling outside and groans. My car is in the shop and I don’t know when I’m getting it back. I don’t even know what’s wrong with it! This is going to be one of my memorable walks yet.

“Need a ride?” asks a voice and turn to see a blonde, brown-eyed guy looking at me with great intensity. He has his arms cross on his chest and a smirk on his lips. He’s definitely good-looking and I have a feeling like I’ve seen him before. I feel a nagging voice at the back of my mind and suddenly, I recognize his face. I’ve met him at a party my best friend’s boyfriend was hosting and he was flirting with me all night but I brushed him off every time seeing him with tons of other girls.

“That’s fine, I can walk. Thanks for the offer,” I smile politely before turning to walk home…in the rain. Sighing, I start to feel the rain drops on my head and it’s only the beginning. I hear the sound of car engine behind and someone’s eye on me so I turn to see a huge black jeep with the same guy from before following me. I stop walking and raise my eyebrows at him as the window on the passenger side opens. “Are you stalking me or something?”