Chapter 26

Chapter 26 – Maia’s POV

“Hey! Where have you girls been?” Zayn asks as he jogs up to where Rose and I sit near the campfire. Clover had wanted to talk to Larissa alone so we left them and it was until we were about half way out of the woods that Ann decided to wait for them, afraid what would happened to them and hence, resulting Rose and I going back alone. Out of all of them, only Clover came back out to Niall and then whispered something to Louis who took off into the woods in a hurry. “We’ve been worried sick.”

I roll my eyes at his overprotectiveness. Zayn maybe hot and all but that part of him reminds me of my oh so dear father and that is a total turn off. “Well, obviously not worried enough to go look after us. What if some wild bear maul us to death? Our blood will be on your hands.” Harry joins him from the fire pit.

“Hey, come on, Clover warned us off. She specifically said ‘If any of you follow us, I’ll make sure you guys won’t be able to have children in the future’ and after the little stunt she pulled on me, I’d rather take her threat seriously and spare any injury,” Harry shivers at the memory and Rose just giggles at his reaction while Zayn and I try to hide our smile. “You think that’s funny, huh?” he asks Rose, he sounds angry but the smile on his lips give him away as he takes a step towards her.

She takes a couple of steps back in return, smiling mischievously, “Well, Mr. Styles, as you can see I’m laughing so yes. I’m finding it pretty funny. What are you going to do about it? Lock me up in my room without supper?” Ever since she’s been in Ireland, she’s becoming more like herself – I’m unsure whether it’s the person she used to be but at least her personality is coming out – and that means taunting Harry every chance she gets. But to be completely honest, in my opinion Harry doesn’t seem to mind it one bit. In fact, he seems to enjoy it as much as she does.

“Don’t patronize me, Rosie,” says Harry, taking another playful step towards her with a sly smile playing upon his lips. “Or you’ll regret it.” Rose smiles tauntingly at him before sticking her tongue out. “That’s it! Come here!” Harry speed off to chase Rose who ran in the opposite direction towards the lake as soon as the words left his mouth, giggling and baiting Harry to follow her.

“Not good enough, Hazza!” she yell-giggle as Harry almost get a hold of her, running in zigzag motion while ducking from Harry’s reach. “You know, if you spend more time working out instead of flirting around with every girl you see, you could’ve already catch me by now. Not that I’m complaining of course.” Their laughter dimming the farther they get, leaving me alone with Zayn as we try to control our own laughs. “Maia! Help me!” she screams one last time before everything become quiet.

As soon as their running figures disappears from my line of sight, I shift my gaze to Zayn who looks more than hot just a feet away as he chuckles at Rose and Harry’s childish behaviors. His strong features look more prominent in the firelight flickering on his body. The tightness of the shirt he’s wearing shows the contour of his fit body. All of my life I never realize something could be so gorgeous, it’s defying the law of the universe. I would know since I spend my spare time studying as much as I can since I learn to read and write. I don’t realize that I’m staring at him until he turns to look at me amusedly.  “You’re not going to help, are you?”

“And get in the middle of a lover’s quarrel? No, not a chance,” I grimace at the thought. “The last time I did that, I almost ended up losing an arm. No way am I getting myself in that mess ever again. You would think they’d grow up by now?”

“Nah, that’s the fun of it. Harry likes a challenge. And so do I,” he grins.

I roll my eyes, “Of course, you’re one and the same – just a bunch of immature, unserious guys.” I recall him and Louis pretending to have a swordfight with an umbrella in their One Thing music video. My dad kept shaking his head at the whole thing; he’s the complete opposite of these guys. That’s one of the reasons I love them so much. “And don’t even get me started with the challenge comment,” I give him a pointed look as I cross my arms, suppressing the smile that’s just dying to appear.