Chapter 7

Chapter 7 – Niall’s POV

He’s waiting for her outside, arms fold, leaning against the side his car. He’s beaming; his smile reaches his eyes that are shining at the sight of her. She went down the steps slowly, her eyes smile locking on his and vice versa, she ran and flings herself into his waiting arms as she reach the bottom of the steps and they both embrace in a passionate kiss. They pulled back but didn’t stop embracing, just looking at each other with so much love that makes my heart ache.

No one had ever looked at me like that, I thought. Well, that’s not entirely true. She did, well… at least I thought she did. The roar of car engine snaps me out of my thought. The guy drove off but for a brief second the car pass me, I saw their intertwined hands in the middle, he smiled at her and she smiled back at him. They looked as if they don’t have any care in the world, just enjoying being together in each other’s company and in love.

Love; something I don’t have.

I sigh, shoving my hands in my white pants and kicking a rock on the sidewalk with my dark blue supra. I went for a walk at around 8am this morning; there weren’t too many people around so I can walk alone. The lads wanted to accompany me but I declined their offer. It’s around 10.30am now. More people are on the streets and I figure more people might recognize me – without any security – and I’d get into trouble so I put the hood of my light blue jacket, zipping it up to cover the white shirt underneath. I’ve been walking around the neighborhood for more than 2 hours to nowhere in particular, just thinking.

Just thinking about her, I correct myself.

Yesterday might have been one of the best days of my life because I met her. My thought drift to the couple I saw earlier, she is the only one I see myself with in their position. Thinking of someone else beside her just doesn’t feel right. I saw her walk into Nandos; the way she walked is so confident and yet graceful at the same time, the way her hair swayed when she walked, and the way her eyes – those beautiful blue eyes with a tint of grey – pierced mine. I was speechless beyond words, even the lads saw that. I couldn’t just take my eyes off of her.

In my head, I kicked myself a hundred times already for just staring at her like that, not speaking. Luckily for me, the lads are there for support – they know that I’ve already fallen for her the minute I looked into those piercing blue orbs – well except Louis he was making it hard. But I know he means well. While she was watching Louis go, Zayn and Harry bombarded me with questions and promised to help me however they can – they always wanted me to date.

The lads – excluding Louis who had to clean up his shirt – helped make her stay with me a little bit longer by having lunch with me and I kept staring at her when she’s not looking. From up close, I noticed her lashes are long and heavy fluttering delicately against her face. I kept checking her delicate features, memorizing it and enjoying the way she smiles. What really made me fall deeper for her is when she comforted me about the fans – just by the touch of her hand, she made me forget all the troubles I have; so soft and delicate. I remembered the way my heart fluttered when her hand held mine, I never wanted to let go. That’s when I knew for sure that she’s the one for me. Clover.

Then I remembered about the signing…

Clover won’t even look me in the eye and when I tried to flirt with her, she left as soon as she can. It felt a pang in my heart like someone just staked it. ‘Is this how a broken heart feels like?’ I remembered thinking. After we talked and our moment, I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling this way, am I? Did I just make it all up in my head? These questions keep surfacing on my mind. I know it’s a lot to expect for meeting a girl for only a few minutes but when she’s the one, you just…know.