Chapter 29

Chapter 29 – Larissa’s POV

“I’m going to kill him!”           

That’s first thing that came out of my mouth. Along with a continuous curse words that should be illegal in public. At my sides, I’m clenching and unclenching my fists and the only thing preventing me from strangling that jerk is the hundreds of people watching. Those stupid audiences have the nerve to ‘Awwh!’ The stupid girl even dare takes the mike from Liam to talk about their ‘wonderful’ nonexistent relationship! To make the matter worse, Liam didn’t even deny it! Forget about a murder, I’m committing a massacre.

“Larissa, calm down!” Clover mutters darkly, her eyes shooting daggers.

I want to yell but it comes out as a snarl instead. “Why should I?!”

Her blue-grey eyes soften and she says two words that calm me down instantly. “For Ann. Please.” Her hand grip my fist and unclench them. “She needs us. We shouldn’t cause a scene, she wouldn’t want that.” Clover’s eyes harden again and look at the scene upfront, “Trust me, I feel the same way you do. But we’re not coming out of this looking like scorned girls and give them something more to talk about. We play this right for Ann.”

I take deep breaths and stop seeing red. “So you think Ann was right?”

“I don’t see why she’s wrong,” she almost growl.

“How can he do that to her?!” I whisper/growl.

Clover’s silence tells me what I need to know, it’s what most guys do. We both know that, we experienced it. We just never thought Liam’s capable of doing this, to Ann nonetheless. We thought she’ll be safe from what we’ve been protecting her from. I know Clover’s thinking about just a few hours ago at the hotel, how we convince Ann she’s being absurd and that Liam isn’t like any other guy. Guess we’re proved wrong! But why does this have to be the setting?! My sister doesn’t deserve this. How I itch just to run after her and make sure she’s not feeling alone. Liam’s going to pay dearly.

Faking smiles and acting like everything’s okay, Louis’s arm around my waist doesn’t make feel secure like it usually does and Clover looks stiff in Niall’s arm. Our limo arrives and we go inside. Clover quickly duck away from Niall to the other end of the limo and starts calling while I just sit next to Louis waiting for the last person to come in which happens to be Liam. The door close and the car moves as silence engulf us. Glaring at the Liam’s head in front of me, I break the silence. “Is your girlfriend not joining us today?”

He looks guilty. “I can explain. Where’s Ann?” He doesn’t even deny it?!

I lean closer to him, “Why do you like to know?!”

Before he can say anything, Clover returns to sit next to Niall and turn to face me with a frustrated look. “Larissa, she’s not answering! All of my calls went straight to voicemail, nothing is going through!” She turns to give an accusing glare at Liam. “I hope you’re happy.” She slump into the seat with Niall trying to calm her, saying we don’t understand. “Of course you’re on his side,” she spats. Niall looks distraught but he keeps his mouth in a tight line instead of going against her. Smart boy.

“Clover, Larissa please just listen-” Liam starts.

“Shut up,” I say instantly, “Just shut up, Liam. Please.” I look sternly into his eyes. “I already find it hard not to strangle you right now. I don’t need you talking yet. Let’s just get back to the hotel and find Ann first. When I find that she’s safe, you don’t have to fear for your life.” With that I turn to Louis’s chest and cry silent tear for my sister. He runs his hand over my locks of brown hair, murmuring reassuring words in my ear. I know what it’s like and how much it hurt. I know it hurt a lot more for her because I’m not there to comfort her like she always did for me.