Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Liam’s POV

“What’s your name?” “Anneliese, everyone calls me Ann,” she says sweetly. “Well it’s nice to meet you Ann, I’m Liam and I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again later.”

The image of the time I met Ann kept me up late for most of the night; those soft light blue eyes, that genuine and sweet smile, and her silky smooth blonde hair. The sound of her voice kept playing repeatedly on my mind and her laugh sounded like an angel. So sweet, so innocent and so pure – my angel. The thought of another guy tainting what she have makes my blood boils. My protective nature kicks in and all I want to do is to just hold her in my arms and keep her away from the cruelness of the world.

What I couldn’t think of is why does she change when I met her again at the signing? I mean, it’s nothing drastic but it seems like she doesn’t want anything to do with me; she didn’t speak to me and didn’t even look at me. And now she’s not with her friend to meet us. It’s clearly saying that she’s not interested, but why couldn’t I just get over it? Why does it make me so sad? And why does it left me wandering the streets of London without any proper direction when Niall needs my help? I guess it’s just seeing him trying to get his dream girl and it just hurts me that I wouldn’t even get my chance to try to get mine.

Without realizing it, my feet lead me to a park just around the hotel. It’s nothing fancy; the park has enough slides, swing and other stuff to attract kids’attention but right now there are only a few people around and I’m grateful for that. I need a place of my own to think - maybe that’s why Niall take a walk that long this morning. I make my way to one of the few benches and just watch the kids play around without any care in the world. The sun is in the middle of the sky now, it’s light blinding and the warmth it brings is heavenly.

A sight of a young girl, a few feet away, with tear streaked face of about 5 years old caught my eye and I make my way towards her. Before I get to her, she’s comfort by a blonde teenage girl who kneeling in front of her, dabbing her tears away with a napkin and muttering soothing words to her. I know that voice, even though it’s only for a while. I’m frozen in my tracks, could it be? The little girl notices me and with that the blonde girl turns to see what she’s looking at. It’s as if the time slows down.

Those light blue eyes that I’ve been dreaming of widen as if this is the last thing on her mind, slowly she stand and her eyes drinking me in, as if she thinks that she’s imagining it. We just stand there, looking at each other and wondering how it is possible. We snap out of our little daze when the little girl pulls on her jeans. “Will you help me find my mommy?” her voice sad and cute. She’s wearing a cute little baby blue dress and holding onto a teddy bear.

Thinking this might be my last chance of seeing Ann, I decide to make sure it’s as long as possible. I rush over to the little girl and pick her up in my arms. She didn’t pull away. “Hey there angel, what’s your name?”

She sniffs, “Charlotte.”

“Why, hello there, Charlotte! My name’s Liam and I’ll help you find your mommy,” I say to her gently. “Now why don’t you tell me what happen?” Charlotte looks at me and then at Ann. I turn to Ann with a questioning gaze.

“Umm…she lost her mommy. She said she’s following a little puppy, I guess her mom didn’t realize she ran off,” she says, her voice sounding just the way I remember it.