Chapter 14

Chapter 14 – Clover’s POV

“I have rehearsal today with the lads but I’ll see you tonight,” says the voice from my brand new iPhone. Niall had given it to me on our date last night to replace the one he destroyed. It even has its own casing of bedazzled purple gemstones so it’s safe to say that I love it already. “I’ll be thinking about you the whole time.”

Leaning back against the wall of the window seat, I smile into the phone while one hand playing with my side braid. “Good, because I know I’ll be thinking about you all day.”

“You better be,” he chuckles. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you more.”

“Then I’ll miss you the most.” He pauses for a second, “Clover?”

“Yeah?” I breathe. Oh my god, what’s he going to say?

Niall hesitate before saying, “Take care of my heart, I left it with you.”

We hang up after that, leaving me sighing and resting my head on my knees. What have I gotten myself into? I thought of him late last night after our date, I don’t know why. When he walked me back to my dorm room, I don’t want for him to leave and he’s reluctant to go but we both know he had to. Soon after, laying under the soft cover of my blanket, I found myself wanting to be where he is; where his gorgeous blue eyes are looking into mine, to hear his wonderful laughs and to feel the tingles when he touch me.

 My heart has never felt this way before.

I hear a groan follow by a rustling sound; Ann’s sleeping on the couch since last night. She had her head on half-asleep Liam’s chest when I walk in with his hand caressing her hair, surprising me and Niall. I startled him when I open the door and gently lay Ann on a pillow before leaving with Niall. Ann sit up and stretch, “Morning!” She’s in a white jogging short and oversized pink t-shirt, I guessing she changed out of her night gown when Liam came over.

“Good morning there sleepy head,” I say, walking over to her and placing a neatly folded note on her thigh. “Liam left this for you,” I smile slyly at her whom she returns with a shy smile, blushing. “I want to know what happened when I left last night and what’s on that note; it’s hard enough to not peek. I’m going to take a shower.” I leave her alone and take a nice long shower; the cool water feels fresh against my skin. I do my usual shower ritual before drying up and wearing a jean mini skirt that stops mid-thigh with a red layered ruffled tank top. I pair it with my favorite bedazzled star pendant, a huge hoop earring in the shape of a star and my charm bracelet. I blow dry my hair, it’s in the form of waves after curling it last night and let it down. I apply some mascara to my already thick lashes and clear lip gloss to my red lips.

            Ann’s still beaming at the note when I walk out of the bathroom; our room is now pristine and perfect. I woke up at 7am this morning as I couldn’t sleep and start to tidy things up just the way it usually was during the school semester. “You’re still smiling over the note? Liam must one heck of a poet then,” I tease, sitting cross-legged next to her on the couch.

“No poet here,” she smiles and hand me the one. It says:

My dearest Anneliese,

I have to go now and I didn’t want to wake you up. I meant what I said yesterday, I really do want to get to know you better and I hope you’ll give me the chance. Please don’t throw away what we could have before giving it a chance. I’ll see you tonight.

Love,

Liam Payne xx

“Awwh! That is so sweet!” I exclaim, jumping up and down where I’m sitting. Ann just sits there giggling with an amused expression, shrugging as if it means nothing. The door of our dorm room open and slams shut as Larissa walks in carrying a massive amount of shopping bags in her hand. She’s wearing a jean skirt with Caribbean blue spaghetti strap top with matching blue wedges. Her charm bracelet on her left wrist, a bunch of blue and turquoise bracelet on the other and a simple studded ear rings. Where the heck has this girl been all morning?