80. The Stars Are Aligned

REIGN's POV

The following morning, I woke up and quickly started with my pre-scheduled day. As quickly as my day started, it ended with the same speed. The day passed in a flash and I was done before dinner time. And after dinner Christian took me for a walk on the beach. I did not want to go because I was tired but then again we barely get a chance like this to go on a walk, on an empty, private beach.

The weather was just perfect. Perfect enough for me to wear a Gucci maxi dress which had no back. It was a white, halter neck dress with a deep V neck and detailed embroidery on it. It was cute, comfortable and I wanted to go braless after struggling the whole day in that stupid push up bra to fill the stupid boob space in my stupid formal outfit. After staying in Brazil for a crazy amount of time and not having to wear formal clothes on daily basis, my body had forgotten the feeling of being in crisp formal clothes. I'm used to being in shorts and tank tops all the time.

First half hour I was ranting on and on about Eastwood and how everything turned out to be to Christian, which seemed to have bothering him after a while. And he didn't have much to say about it either. So I thought since I'm out of danger, I might as well stop worrying about it and find peace in the present.

I was living in the moment.

The waves were washing up our feet, my feet were so cold but it felt nice. The warm sand and the cold water felt nice against my skin. Walking hand in hand under the moonlight and nobody in sight was very rare for me. There was absolutely nobody around, this was a private beach and it wasn't open to anyone. So just me and Christian all alone but I could see lights flickering from the distant ships looking like fairy lights on shiny water. There were some party cruises sailing far away from us as I could hear distant techno music.

"And you see that?", Christian was pointing towards the shining stars.

"I see many stars, Christian." I say sounding a tad annoying. There was literally a bunch of stars where he was pointing. Christian has been showing me stars and to be honest, walking and spotting stars millions of miles with my tired eyes was not something that made me excited. He gave me a side look.

"I'm trying to show you something, babe." He says. "Look carefully."

I squint my eyes trying to see the sparkling suns far far away. The running white clouds were making it difficult for me to spot the stars. The sky was literlly clear few minutes ago. I don't understand where all these clouds came from.

Finally I saw a constellation. Well, half of the constellation. "Those three stars in V shape?", the little trinkets on my Graff bracelet tinkled as I raised my hand to point at the stars.

Even if it was a waxing crescent moon, it was glowing enough to make the ink dark sky illuminate.

"Yes. And that's the Orion constellation." He says as he is looking up at the sky with his hand laced in mine. I smile looking down at our hands.

Oh no, did he just mansplain me?

I shot my eyes at him and quickly forgot the shade I presumed he probably threw at me. Christian chose to wear a black shirt today, I have rarely seen him in different coloured shirts and this black was like never seen before. I mean, he's always in his bodyguard uniform and when he's with me he's in his sweats. It's hard for me to see him wearing casuals.

My God, he was looking hot in black. The black was bringing out that little hint of green in his eyes, even in this dark. Truly mesmerising. Also, his hair was flowing free with the salty wind.

He looked at me. "Just below that is Canis Major constellation and it has the brightest star in the sky--"

"Sirius." I complete his sentence and Christian gave me a befuddled look, his eyebrows raised, a little smirk playing on his lips and his eyes sparkling.