82. That One Day

REIGN's POV

This is going to be fun. A cruise with my bodyguard.

I place my hand in Christian's hand, he envelopes it and he gently pulls me. I step on the vessel's platform and instantly grab on the metal railing on the side. Going cruising on a yacht sounds all rainbows and butterflies but I know that I cannot swim, so I have to be extra careful. This is not same as entering the beach. But then again I'm with Christian, I shouldn't be worried.

I climb the little tan stairs following Christian, looking around like a kid visiting an aquarium for the first time. This yacht is big and by bigger I mean higher. I can see all the other people partying in their yachts from up here.

I have been on plenty of cruises and most of them were party cruises and I don't even have half the memories from all those parties. We own a lot of yachts. David Adams loves to sail and he's a collector; unlike his kids who don't know shit about sailing. We just know to sunbathe and drink beers and cocktails. Surprisingly, my brother being the laziest sloth I've ever known; he takes quite an interest in sailing. He actually does nothing, none of the labour work. But he has a lot of knowledge about ships and the machinery so he just sits and bosses people around. My brother doesn't like to get his hands dirty, literally.

This yacht was something else, it seemed like the latest one, it was so white, clean and untouched. I think it's floating on the water for the first time. This is a million of dollar boat. We enter the first platform of the yacht by climbing the little tan stairs and on my right is a big dining table and on the left, a little bar, beside the dining table is a spiral stairway going up and exactly in front of me is a large living area. I wandered around looking at the beautiful vehicle. Then I realise something as I'm exploring amidst the marina chaos and the high pitched mews of seagulls.

I throw my gaze around and there's nobody. "Christian?", I call out pushing my dark brown tinted sunglasses to my head. His head pops up from the hallway, "Yeah?", his one eyebrow up.

I'm confused, "There's no-one here." I say.

Both his eyebrows reach his forehead when he comes out with his hands shoved inside his pockets, "Oh that..."

"That's because I'm driving." He says like it's no big deal.

What?!

Wait. He's messing with me.

A slow smile spreads across my face. "You're kidding." I scoff. I didn't believe him. He's messing with me. He scrunches his eyebrows, mouth a thin line, "No?"

Is he mad that I'm not buying it? He is not kidding?

"You can drive a motor yacht?", I ask in disbelief and I almost scoff again. He's gonna get mad at me. But his face is unreadable, it's not my fault.

Suddenly, he's glowing when he gets back at me, "You're not the only one with many talents." He chuckles shaking his head. He can't be smug, he's too cute to be smug and arrogant about something.

Unbelievable. "For real?", I ask again seeing his demeanour change instantly from serious to smug. It's not even been a second and I have been proven wrong already. He's got a little smug smile playing on his mouth.

He nods once rocking on his feet, "Yes." He purses his lips in breaking eye contact with me.

It's getting difficult for me to read him. How am I suppose to guess?

I make a face, "No..." I don't believe him," You're lying." I smile, my eyes squinting in the bright light.

Christian's brows are up on his forehead, giving me a pleading look. "Why would I lie?", Now he looks in disbelief that I'm not believing him. Christian let out a sigh and took some steps towards me. He went to the bar outside, "You trust me with my car driving right?", yeah, he has to explain now, that means he's given up on me. I ruined his joke.