59. Goosebumps

Gabriel pulled me out of Nick's bedroom by my hand.

His eyebrows were raised high, creasing his forehead with multiple layers.
"How did you get here?", He asked in a hushed tone.

I raised my eyebrows even more and widened my eyes at him. "Why didn't you tell me Nick lives here?!", I hush screamed at him through gritted teeth.

"I thought you knew! And I did not know you'd go all Dora the explorer!", He hush screamed  back at me.

"Well, I didn't! I wouldn't have come here in the first place if I knew." And I meant it. I threw my hands in the air in frustration. I had no idea he lived here, I really wouldn't have stepped out of the elevator if I knew he lived here. Hell, I wouldn't have even come to Soraya if I had known that I was going to see his face.

Gabriel inhaled deeply and sighed out loud. His face relaxed. "I'm sorry, I should've told you... but He didn't say anything to you, did he?", He asked in concern.

Yes, he did but I couldn't remember what he said to me because I was too busy admiring his face, I thought to myself.

"Um... no. He was just mad that I left the mansion." I say.

He scoffed and chuckled.
"That wasn't mad. His mad is what I'm going to suffer for the rest of my life because I took you out for lunch." He gave me a wry laugh.

We walked towards the elevator.
"You haven't seen his temper." He added.

"I hope not to...", I sighed. Jason held his arm on the elevator door from preventing it to close on us and we stepped in.

______________________

The sun was almost touching the horizon when Gabriel dropped me off at the mansion. He left immediately after because he had some work. Two hours flew by like a gush of wind. I wanted to spend more time and I even tried to convince Gabriel to go for a little drive around the city. But he was too scared of Dad to even change the path. Eventually I gave up and he dropped me at the mansion with almost 2 minutes to spare. I was still full and a little droopy after eating upto my full capacity. Having excessive amount of food really makes me jaded.

I didn't even feel like working or doing anything else and I knew I was going to sleep so I changed into something comfortable. I donned a white boho midi dress and I wore it because it's inner cloth was satin. Satin and sleep is a really good combination.

The room was still bright enough because of the mellow sunlight coming in. So I closed the drapes, making the room slightly dark. Yet some light was entering inside as the drapes were sheer.

I brought the laptop to the bed and started some random action movie. I specifically chose to watch an action movie as those movie help me sleep quickly. I wasn't even going to watch it, I needed some nonhuman company.

Within 15 minutes I dozed off to sleep.

_____

I woke up to the sound of rainfall in a dark room. I could hear millions of raindrops falling on the balcony, crickets chirping and frogs croaking. My eyes felt heavy, I slowly opened them to see darkness. The room was pitch dark, I couldn't see anything except some light entering through the gaps of the drapes on the windows. I remember closing the curtains before watching the movie because the sunlight was too bright. I sat straight, resting my back against the headboard. I blindly waved my hand over the bedside table searching for the lamp button. I pushed on something which felt like a button and turned on the lamp. I rubbed my eyes and stretched out yawning. My eyes and my head felt heavy, I think I overslept.