52. Gabby

The week went by very fast than I thought it would go. I thought I was going to die of boredom but fortunately I got caught up with lots of work. I purposely messed with my sleeping schedule so I feel like I used the whole day. I slept late at night and woke up late as well and worked the full day. I haven't seen Nick since the conference and he never made any effort to contact me. Nick's father is still out of country and I've been staying alone in the mansion. I couldn't even see Christian because I've been inside the office most of the time. I only saw him when I got out for walks. Sometimes I wish he wasn't my bodyguard so I could do whatever and go wherever I wanted with him. But then I love him being with me the whole time too. I love his company. Since Kevin and Jason have arrived we didn't even get a chance to speak. The only talks we had were over texts and calls that's all.

I was in the office doing some work on my laptop when Nathan knocked and entered in.

"Miss Adams?", He spoke. I looked up at him. He sounds so formal and high-class, like he is in some classic British movie.

"There's a party day after tomorrow on Saturday. It's Jóia hotels' 80th anniversary and we are hosting a party for all the staff members, friends and alliances."

"And you are invited by Master Nicholas." He added with a little smile. Did he mug it all up? He sounds like it though.

And I'm invited by his master. Why can't his master ask me by himself? Why does he need a messenger?

"Why can't he just call and invite me?", I asked getting a little annoyed.

"Um... He told me to ask you... He has been very busy with his work. I apologize on his behalf." He defended him. Nathan shouldn't apologize to me. It's wrong. A elderly person like him apologising for something he didn't do is wrong. It's belittling me and him at the same time.

"No, no... no need to apologize. I'd love to attend the party." I smiled at him.

He twinkled at me as his green eyes disappeared.
"Very well." He said and turned to leave.

"Nathan?", I called out.

"Yes?"

"I need to go out tomorrow. I mean for shopping... and you know all the girls stuff we do before a party?." I let him guess what I meant.

"But you cannot go out in a public place."

Which he obviously didn't get.

"The party will be a public place, wouldn't it?", I asked

"The party will be highly secured with many bodyguards, police and armed agents disguised as normal people. We won't let anyone touch you."

I chuckled looking down. He really didn't quite get what I mean.
"Nathan, I need a dress and a salon to get ready for the party." I cleared.

He raised his salt and pepper eyebrows as realisation hit him with his mouth forming a perfect 'O'.
"I'll handle that, don't worry. You'll get everything you need here in the mansion. I'll get the finest and the best designers, stylist, beauticians in all of Brazil for you." He smiled and with a nod turned around to leave.

"Okay....", I mumbled to myself staring at the door. There goes my plan of spending a day consisting of only shopping. I never thought I'd be yearning to go shopping some day. I sighed and sipped on the herbal tea that Maria got me sometime ago. I got back to work and after working for another couple of hours, I had dinner, talked to Christian on call and then went to sleep.

I luckily managed to get out of the mansion for one day to see my South American clients. I'll be seeing them tomorrow in Jóia. I'm planning to buy another ship for the shipping business as our business is running well and smooth. I never thought things would run this well for us this soon. The capital we spent on buying the Japanese shipping lines has become more fruitful than I expected. Mister Francis has sent our legal advisors from New York to Rio de Janeiro for the meeting tomorrow. It would have been much easier if I was back home, things have become comparatively difficult here. I have to do everything over calls, which is what I usually do but I also get to meet the people in person when I'm in New York. I just hope everything goes well tomorrow and I'll change Adams hotels future just like that.