63. What? What?

NICK's POV

"I didn't know you were such a stalker." Nathan said and closed the doors to my office. I turned around to look at him.
"I'm not stalking...", I say and turn the tv off. Now that she has gone inside, there's nothing to look and admire. I threw the remote on the couch and looked at him.

He raised his eyebrows at me and shrugged a little. "Whatever you say...", he said as he came towards me.

This old man...

"So, did you sleep well in your new bed?", he asked as he rested his hands on the head of the couch.

He knows I have trouble sleeping in new beds. I need my own bed and own mattress for a peaceful sleep. The same reason why I hate travelling. It's not a major problem but my body takes a few nights before completely accepting the new bed. The first two three nights are sleepless. Childhood problem. He's just mocking me because I changed my home, my bed for her.

"I slept fine..." I sighed as I stuffed my one hand into my pant pocket.

First he gave me a pitiful look.
"You don't have to go through all this trouble, Nicholas." Then he asked me expectantly.
"Come back..."

"I will, the day she leaves. I'm not living with her under the same roof." I answered him sternly closing the topic once and for all. I don't need people's sympathetic attention just because a girl walked over my heart.

He let out a defeating sigh. I sensed that he gets I don't want to talk about it. Just then my phone buzzed loudly on my desk and I went to grab it.

At the same time, there was a knock on the door. I looked up and Nathan turned around to get it.

I got a text from Papa. He must have reached Caracas.

"Oh, good morning Mister Harris. Is Mister Silva inside with you?", The guy on the door sounded like Pedro from the maintenance. The nerdy one who is friends with Bianca. I've seen them hangout together a several times. Inspite of all the attention Bianca gets from all the men in the building, she chooses to be with the nerdy boy. It's good for them both. She stays away from all the wolves and he gets to hangout with the Boss's assistant.

"Yes."

"Miss Rodriguez told me to uh... give this to Mister Silva."

"I will take that. Thank you very much." Nathan said and I heard the doors close.

Landed in Caracas sometime ago. The weather was terrible.
- Papa

"Did you ask Miss Rodriguez for any package?", Nathan asked and I glanced at him.
"No."

"Then what's inside this?"

"Open it.", I mumbled as I was busy typing. Weather is bad in Rio since a few days now but also in Venezuela? I had no idea.

Are you okay?
- Nicholas

Yes, I'll be heading towards the mines in an hour.
- Papa

Now?
He has to get working the moment he lands.

Why don't you get some rest first? You can go after some time.
- Nicholas

No, I need to leave now. It' will take time to reach there, I want to see everything in the day light.
- Papa

He's not going to listen to me, he never does.
Some part of our mineral mines in Caracas collapsed due to a minor earthquake causing us and the workers huge damage. Few of the workers got trapped inside the mines for a couple of hours and were rescued quickly. Some workers got a little injured and rest of the mines are closed until it gets safe. Papa wanted to see everything and meet everyone who came in harms way, so he left.