73. I Got You Under My Skin

Reign's POV

Oh my god, his right hand was fractured. Most of his wrist and half of his palm was covered in hard plaster. He was wearing a mint shirt and beige trousers and had his right hands sleeve rolled up

"Papa?", Nick's voice sounded detached as he walked towards him.

"Querido Deus! O que aconteceu com tua mão?"
(Dear lord, What happened to your hand?)

Here we go again...

"Não é nada sério...", Arthur let out a little nervous chuckle as he looked at his plastered hand. (It's nothing serious...)

Nick placed his hand on his father's shoulder.
"Como isso aconteceu?"
(How did this happen?)

I didn't get a word. I wanted to know what they were saying.

"Apenas uma pedra caiu no meu pulso e...", he exhaled, "...a esmagou."
(Just a rock fell on my wrist and... crushed it.)

"Jesus! Por que você não me contou sobre isso?", Nick shouted as his hands flew in the air in frustration.
(Jesus! Why didn't you tell me about it?)

"É por isso que você não estava me ligando por vídeo?", he placed his hand on his hip.
(Is this why you weren't video calling me?)

I needed subtitles real bad now!

"Não. Você sabe que não consigo descobrir como essas coisas funcionam." He raised his eyebrows at him. (No. You know that I can't figure out how these things work.)

"Você sabia disso, Nathan?", He asked Nathan who was standing behind Arthur. Nathan shook his head saying no. Arthur looked sad and concerned as he look at Nick. The glow he had on his face when he saw his son was now dimmed. What did Nick say?
(Did you know about this, Nathan?)

"Eu não quis te assustar." He said.
(I didn't mean to scare you.)

"Inacreditável, Papa." Nick raked fingers through his hair.
(Unbelievable, Papa.)

Arthur glanced at me.
"vamos falar sobre isso depois?"
(Let's talk about this later?)

He walked past Nick and came walking to me and I tried to get up to greet him.

Nick instantly walked beside me.
"No, no... don't, it's okay." He said, so I settled back down.

Arthur placed his hand on my head.
"How are you, minha filha?", he gave me a warm smile. Arthur Silva is a handsome old man who literally gave birth to himself. I noticed that he had a beard now. That mint shirt was going perfectly with his green eyes.
(My daughter)

I smiled back at him. He felt like a fatherly figure imparting warm vibes. "I'm good, thanks to you." I say and mean it.

"What happened to your hand?", I ask.

He showed me his hand. The white plaster was covering most of his wrist and half of his palm and little part of his thumb. How is he going to do menial everyday tasks with his right hand broken?

"Oh just a little accident inside the mine."

"It will be okay...", he said.

"How was your trip?", I ask switching the topic.

I didn't want to talk about injuries and Why is everyone getting physically hurt?

"It was... productive.", He said walking to his head chair and Nathan pulled the chair out for him.

"A little stressful but the problems are solved now." He says settling himself. Nick went and sat opposite to me.

"That's nice..."