77. Hot And Cold

Standing in my bedroom felt a little different, comfortable of course but different. Also the New York's pricking coldness felt very unfamiliar to my warm skin, my apartment was like a burning furnace right now. I loved the cold but I couldn't bear it anymore. Staying in a tropical country for two months has surely changed my body, I have gotten tan too. Early morning power walks with Arthur under the blaring sun has given me a nice smooth tan which I'm obviously loving. Probably I'm the only New Yorker walking around with a stunning tan in this growing cold.

I came back to my apartment this morning, I wanted to stay at my parents house and spend time with them but then I also had to sort things out with Christian and I cannot do that staying there. I can't invite my bodyguard into my bedroom to just hangout, my father who is now retired and spends most of the time roaming around the house would have thousands of questions about it. Christian and I have to talk privately. Speaking of Christian, he still hasn't come back yet, neither did he try to contact me whatsoever. Christian is with me every hour of the day, even if he's not around me physically; at least we are connected through texts and calls but that hasn't happened in days. I haven't talked to him in days and I cannot bear it anymore. But there's nothing I could do about it either; I guess I'll just have to wait until he decides to comeback.

"Oh sweet Jesus..." I heard Georgina. She sounded a little excited when she started her sentence but then her excitement transformed into that 'of course...' followed by an eye roll.

"What?"

"How did you get a duffle bag full of chocolates?", Georgina almost yelled from the closet.

"Gabriel got it for me." I say. A few days back I remember telling Gabby that I had these amazing chocolate truffles the last time I was in Rio. I was talking about the treats that Christian got me but I didn't tell Gabby the whole story, I just told him that I loved those. So just when I was hugging him goodbye he pulled out this big leather bag full of those same chocolate truffles and I shed a tear.

Can you believe? A big ass duffel bag full of chocolate truffles!

I'm going to lose all my teeth soon.

"You've got some bad friends, cupcake." She said.

Look at the irony, they call me cupcake but the cupcake is not allowed to have chocolates. Huh.

"Gabby is a sweetheart." I smile and pull the drawer to my study table which was right in front of the tall windows. I got this study table especially for creating my art work but I have never ever used it. I cannot remember a single time when I sat on the chair, rested my elbows on the table and started sketching. I always sit in my balcony and sketch. I glanced outside through the windows and the weather was awesome. It was a nice day of Fall, tree were turning into amazing shades of orange, the breeze was cold, birds were flying, the sun was covered in the thick blanket of clouds, overall I was just digging the way the city looked and I felt like drawing so I was searching for my favourite set of graphite pencils.

"Bad influence." I heard her say. I told Georgie about Gabriel and the way I described obviously made her like him. She is going to love him if she ever gets to meet him and Gabriel will love Georgie. Both are sweet people.

And who doesn't love Georgina? She's the best.

I pulled out the first drawer from the left, I always keep all my pencils there. But they weren't there.

"Georgie? Where are my pencils?", I ask raising my voice so she could hear me clearly, although I don't have to yell, it echoes in here. I pull rest of the drawers looking for them but they weren't there.

"Where they usually are. Top left corner drawer of your study table."

"They're not here." I toss all of the tin boxes out on the table, I scramble through them trying to spot my white pouch of pencils.