54. Hand In Hand

I stomped out of the mansion with a heated head as Nick followed me. He is such a buzzkill, now I'm all dolled up but in no mood to attend a freaking party. Thanks to him. I stepped out of the doors and the warm tropical air skimmed over my exposed skin. It wasn't that hot but it was a little humid. The temperature was around 71° Fahrenheit to 75° Fahrenheit; it was bearable but my body was used to New York's all year long cold weather and I couldn't live without air conditioner here. The ACs in the room which I'm staying are on full blast all the time. The temperature is another reason why I'm homesick. Now the reason why Nick's mother wouldn't stay here is becoming more understandable to me.

Christian's broad back covered with a fitted black suit came into my vision. I could see his back muscles through his suit, what kind of sorcery is this? He was standing with Kevin and Jason. They both looked at me and then Christian turned around to face me. The look in his eyes changed to worried one when he saw me. I was mad, it must be evident on my face. Nick cannot just tell Gabriel off. I was supposed to go with him and I wanted to go with him, Nick just ruined my whole mood. People have to stop riling me up, first that Lily and now Nick. And I feel that someone is going to do something tonight which is going to make me explode.

I felt Nick standing behind me.
"She's coming with me." I heard Nick say, he was standing very close to me. I felt his heat coming off on my skin.

Christian nodded and the three of them went to sit in the shiny black SUV that was parked in front of Nick's Chiron, the same car he took me on a date to. I climbed down the stairs beside Nick and he went ahead to open the car door for me. I thought I didn't even deserve that. I mumbled a small thank you and sat in the car closing the door myself. I watched him go around the car opening his suit button. I don't know why but I saw him walk in slow motion which looked really hot to me. The way he strut in his all black suit was putting me in a difficult state of mind, whether to check him out or mind my own business. I noticed the look on his face, it was hard, maybe it was because of me. He sat inside opening the driver's side door of the car and I looked straight ahead. I don't want him to think that I'm checking him out and take his pride up a notch. He already thinks he is gorgeous, which is true but he is arrogant too.

He started the ignition and turned the AC on but the car didn't move. I looked at him and he was already looking at me. I raised my eyebrows at him, asking him what was wrong.

He let out a little sigh glancing ahead and then back at me.
"Seat belt." He let out and turned my head over my shoulder to grab the strap. I pulled the strap over me and pushed it against it's latch but it didn't go in. I tried again, this time pushing it more harder but it still wouldn't attach.

Why is nothing working out the way I want?! Why me?! I was mentally screaming. I was calm outside but my whole body was in a total chaos inwardly.

"What the f...", I cussed under my breath as it still wouldn't go in.

Just then, Nick's hand came in my sight and grasped the buckle from my hand. His warm hand slightly touched my cold one managing to create hot zaps on my skin. I looked at him from under my lashes, he looked down as soon as his gaze met mine and latched it down. I relaxed back in the seat crossing my arms and rested my leg over other as I stared outside. He revved the engine and the car in front of us moved. We drove out of the mansion gates as more three black SUVs followed us.

The air inside the car that we shared was very dense and unbreathable, like my conscience knew that he didn't want to be here with me right now. There was a lot of tension and I knew if I say a word or if he does then either one of us was gonna snap. So I chose to be quiet, finding peace in the awkward silence. I was used to being under Nick's gaze all the time. A few months back, when we would be together Nick's eyes would always be on me. I would catch him looking at me every time and now, he didn't even glance at me, not even once. He was looking straight ahead, like I wasn't even in the car.