61. Things I Do For You

Hello guys!
Happy New Year to all of you! I hope 2020 turns out to be one of the best years of your life! Also, I'm really really sorry for this late update. I had some things going on. I hope you like this chapter and thank you again for choosing my book to read.
I never thought we would reach 124k views. This is overwhelming for me.
Thank you again!

Happy reading!

___________

NICK's POV

People are right when they say that time goes slow when you're going through hell, and my time through hell was moving like a fucking sloth. It has been a month since that awful day and I still cannot stop thinking about it. My own mind is eating me out alive. My head is still spinning with numerous unanswered questions that only she can answer and I think they'll be left unanswered. I never ever thought falling for her will cause me so much of pain because she was a harmless angel with a heart of gold but what do you know... here I'm with my heart in my hands, split in half, again.

I opened the door and stepped out of the car, lifting my gaze to look at the entrance of my hotel staring at me. It felt strange to come back here after a long agonising month. I kept on procrastinating on going back to work only because I didn't want to hear her name over and over again. After all, I cannot believe my stupid lovesick ass went ahead and named a goddamn hotel after her. Her, the woman who hates you, who loathes you... I still cannot believe how she could twist my words and my actions full of tenderness into something unspeakable.

I still get these strong urges of punching myself to death whenever my brain replays that fucking scenario. I cannot even imagine how fucking desperate I would have sounded to her...

I let out an involuntary grunt and banged the car door shut behind me. I turned some heads around and got weird stares from the people passing by. 

Hold yourself together dammit!

I don't regret naming the hotel after her. I really wanted to... I knew I wanted to name it after her when I saw her for the first time. I don't care what situation she has put me in right now, but that day was undoubtedly the best day of my life. I remember how I was despising Papa for sending me all the way to New York just to propose a tiny project. I didn't want to go, I don't understand why I went at all. The CEO of Silva group of companies to go abroad, to some other lesser brand for partnership didn't work well for me. Silvas are bigger than Adams, they've just stepped into the business. Although I completely admire how far they've come in such a short period of time, it's remarkable. Also, we have been in business since generations, we have the upper hand. It made us look helpless that we had to go to someone else for favour. I respect Papa's every decision and that's why I went to see the CEO of Adams hotels.

And a few months later I named the hotel after her. On the other hand it was better that she didn't say no to it or else I would've turned out to be the unmitigated fool of all time.

Well, the current situation doesn't make me less of a fool either. "Way to go Nick, falling for a woman who doesn't give a single flying fuck about you." I whispered under my breath as I buttoned my suit button. I took in a deep breath and made my way inside.

As soon as I entered the lobby everybody started greeting me with their sweet and diabetic tone.

Good morning, Mr. Silva.

Have a great day, Mr. Silva.

It's so good to see you, Mr. Silva.

This unnecessary gumdrop language disgusts me, seems fake. I very well know these all bitch about me behind my back. I also know that I'am a hard ass and I give them a hard time but then again who cares. They are good until they don't talk smack to my face and willingly make their life miserable.