6. Ghost from my past

I'm getting bored. This ball is so boring, I don't understand how people survive this. I think it's because this place is amply covered with old people.

Mister Davis and his wife were talking with me and I've never been this uninterested. The Davis couple are old & I assume they are somewhat orthodox.

"So when are you planning to get married, Reign?" Mrs. Davis asked me with full smile.

I met Christian's gaze for a moment then looked down at the floor.

"I've just started living Mrs. Davis. I think I should live a little more before getting hitched." I said smiling and trying to suppress an eye roll.

"Cut her some slack Althea, she's just started her career." Mr.Davis said.

"I get that dear. But one day she has to marry someone."

"That's her own choice...." said Mr. Davis.

Great. Third argument in last 5 minutes. I was fake smiling the whole time & their pointless arguments every 2 minutes are making me feel awkward. I looked at Christian and he mouthed something at me I didn't quite get.

"Would you please excuse us Sir, Miss Reign has to attend a very important phone call."
Christian said to Mr.Davis.

"Oh okay. It was pleasure meeting you Miss Adams." He said as he shook my hand.

"It was nice talking to you both too." I said.

And we quickly made our way out of the ballroom.

"Thank. You. Christian." I said looking at him.

"Always." He smiled.

"How'd you know I was bored?"

"I'd have really loved to show you a mirror while you were talking to them." He said grinning.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked

"No, but that old couple was different." He said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah."

He didn't say anything.

"Will you wait here I'll quickly go to the washroom."

"Of course."

I went around the mansion looking for washroom. Every room has gigantic doors here. How am I supposed to know which one is it.

Finally, I found it.
I walked inside and I saw a man standing in front of the basin mirror adjusting his bow tie. I felt like I've seen this man somewhere. His side profile somewhat seemed very familiar to me.

Then he turned to face me.

Xavier King.

My ex boyfriend.

All the bad memories came crashing on me.

*flashback*

I came back from Las Vegas two days ago; I was there for 3 days for attending an award show with Alexander. He took me as his date. Unfortunately, he didn't win but he was happy to be nominated.

I did not tell Xavier that I've come back to the city, I wanted it to be a surprise for him.
I've been giggling like a little girl all day. I'm so happy today, I just can't stop smiling. And I can't wait to see Xavier. I know it's been just few days but it's our one year anniversary today. I want to see him, hug him, kiss him really bad.

I planned on to getting his favourite basketball team's vintage jersey as an anniversary gift. It took me almost a month to find the original jersey. Many shops had those fake ones with flimsy material and wrong spellings. But I found the original one. I just hope he likes it.