5. The Ball

I woke up late this morning. Perks of being the boss. I sat on the bed and stretched myself.
Still feeling sleepy I laid back on my comfortable bed. I spent time scrolling through social media, watching puppy videos for starter and then judging random people. Every girl on social media looks exactly the same. I'm tired of seeing so much of skin on my phone.

I walked to the mirror to look at myself. My hair was sticking out in all directions. I combed my hair with my fingers. As I walked through my bedroom door towards the bathroom, I heard faint voices.

That's definitely Georgina. But who's the other voice?

I opened the door and made my way downstairs.

"Georg- -" I called out to her but stopped midway.

Christian was standing behind the counter with Georgina. He was helping her with the breakfast. They did not hear me come. I stood there analysing him. He was in his white shirt with sleeves rolled up. And it looked like he cut his hair. Cropped on the top and then fading all the way down. He made Georgie laugh and he laughed as well. I couldn't help but smile. When he laughed, he closed his eyes and threw his head back with hands on his chest. His ears and neck turned pink when he laughed. His laugh, oh god, his laugh was the best thing to hear.

"Good morning, Reign." Georgina said bringing me back from my thoughts.

Then Christian looked up at me. Shit.
I just woke up and my hair was all over, my eyes were puffy, I looked terrible. He's not supposed to see me in this state!

"Good morning Georgina!" I said running back to my room.

I reached my bedroom, closed the door leaning on it.

"Whyyyy did he have to see me like this." I slapped my forehead and walked to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and had a shower with my favourite shower gel. I then changed into a floral pastel yellow pencil dress and paired it with grey stilettos. Did my makeup, let my hair down and went downstairs.

I looked for Georgina but she wasn't in the apartment. Great. I walked to the fridge, opening it and grabbing carton of orange juice. I closed it's door and Christian was standing behind it. He gave me a mini heart attack; I almost dropped the carton.

"I'm sorry did I scare you?", he chuckled.

"No?", I said pouring the content into a glass.

"Want some?", I asked Christian.

"No, thank you. You need it more than me." He smirked shoving his hands into pockets.

That's his thing I guess. Shoving hands in his pockets.

"Excuse me?", I forced to suppress my smile but failed.

"No offence but you are skinny." He said putting maple syrup on the pancakes.

"Why should I care? I've a bodyguard and by the way, aren't you suppose to be guarding this body, Mister Bodyguard?", I said moving my index finger over myself, up & down.

"Trust me. Anyone would love guarding that body." He said and took the plates to the dining table.

What. Did he just flirt with me? Oh My God. I felt my cheeks getting hot. I looked over to him, he sat on the chair. I walked to the table and sat beside him.

"You're rude." I said cutting my pancake.

"Rude? Some other girl would have gotten crazy over than compliment." He said grinning and taking a bite of his pancake.