23. Dinner with The Silva

"I cannot believe you slept for 10 hours straight.", Christian said as we walked towards the exit of the airport rolling our suitcases with us.

"That's what I do in every flight." I said looking at him.

He raised an eyebrow at me.
"I sleep as soon as I get in the flight. So that I don't have to suffer the turbulence part." I said and he guffawed.

"Hey, Turbulence scares me." I said taking a step on the escalator; Christian stepped behind me. The escalator was ascending down.

"That's why I'm here for you." He whispered in my ear and it sent bolts down my body. I turned to look at him and he was smirking down at me. I looked ahead and bit the inside of my cheek blushing.

We got off of the escalator and entered the 'Arrival' area of the airport. As soon as we exited the threshold of the huge gates the warm tropical air hit me. I saw Nick smiling at me from a distance. He was in casual clothes; he was wearing a acid wash jeans and a short sleeved floral shirt. Floral shirt? Very less guys can pull off floral shirts. His hair was flowing with the tropical air. He was looking hot. He waved at me. I turned around to look at Christian who was now glaring at Nick. We walked and halted in front of Nick.

"Reign...", Nick spoke looking at me intently.

Nick then looked at Christian and smiled at him. Christian pressed a smile at him in return. Fake smile.

"That's the car. Could you put the luggage inside please?", Nick pointed out at a black Mercedes and asked Christian politely. Christian looked at me and then nodded at Nick. Christian took the bags and went towards the car.

Nick turned to face me.
"Welcome to Brazil!." He said and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. He pulled apart still holding me by my arms.

"How was the journey?", He asked.

"I don't know. I slept all the way till here." I said and Nick chuckled.

"And how's your cold? How are you feeling now?", He asked.

I completely forgot about my cold, maybe because it's gone now.

"Oh, it's gone. I'm good. I didn't realize until you asked." I said. He nodded.

"So, let's go now. You rest for some time. Then I'm taking you out for dinner." He
said.

He's taking me out for dinner. Shit. I cannot say no and Christian is going to get really upset. What do I do now?

"And what about the land you bought?", I asked.

He smiled looking around.
"It'll be midnight within two hours and we are going to meet the owner tomorrow morning." He said.

I've to go now.
"Oh."

"Now let's go?", He asked and I nodded.

________________

I was expecting Nick to take us to his hotel but instead he took us to his place. His place is lavish. Too luxurious, which suits him. His mansion looks like a palace with a huge pool and it's own artificial waterfall. Covered with different tropical plants and trees, that mansion screams a lot of wealth to me. The car pulled in his driveway, Nick opened the door for me and I stepped out of the car.