14. Is that him?

I could see the lights of the King's Mansion from a distance. I felt memories rushing in my head. Back when Xavier and I was dating, we used to spend hours at his place. We would watch movies, play video games in his room, experiment cooking food or make out for hours.

The initial phase of our relationship was wonderful like any other relationship does in the beginning.

I was the one to propose Xavier. I thought we live in the year where it is okay for a girl to make the first move.

Jacqueline had once warned me that when a girl makes the first move the end has to be bad because the guy takes the girl for granted. Even my other friends, who I used to hangout with told me that boys don't value the thing that they haven't achieved without any effort. They have no value for the thing that comes easy to them. But me, I was blind. I was blinded by Xavier's love. He was a sweet heart with me since day one. And I having no experience of relationship or boys, fell for him instantly.

I was looking for true love when he came across me and I thought he was the one. I lost my virginity to him thinking that I'd marry him some day. That didn't go according to what I had planned.

Xavier was the popular guy in college. He was in basketball team of our college, he was hot, girls would swoon over him and envy me.
God knows how many hate confessions I've had got on our college confession site.

Xavier was also the valedictorian of our class. He would ace all subjects and in every field. He gave equal importance to his every part of life. He was a good guy. In the beginning, of course. Then I don't know what happened.

"We are here." Jayden said as he pulled over.

I could see many photographers and flashes around the gate. Media people were swarming the huge metal gates of the mansion. I thought this was a small party.

I sighed looking outside.
"Wait." Nick said.

I looked at him as he got out of the car and came to my side. He opened the door for me with a smile. I stepped out of the car smiling at him. Jayden got out of the car and came before us, making a way.

We went inside the mansion and into the big ballroom. King's Mansion is a beautiful big Greek styled white mansion, it has gigantic doors and windows. It was always a peaceful place. The mansion is surrounded by huge area of trees. I'm feeling weird coming here. This place is not giving me positive vibes. I saw many famous people walking around. Thank God the women were not wearing gowns or else I'd have felt left out.

"Do you see any familiar faces?", Nick asked.

"Nope." I said looking around.

Then I spotted Emily McKenny. She was my classmate in college. She was not a nice person , apparently she liked Xavier and I had him back then. So maybe that's the reason why she wasn't a nice person to me. I wasn't sure if I should go talk to her. Emily caught my gaze and smiled at me.

She came walking towards me. She looks different. Back in college, she was this mean girl in pink clothes. She's now in an elegant neutral coloured dress, she's looking pretty with her black hair.

"If this isn't Reign Adams?!", she almost screamed as she pulled me into a hug.

I hugged her back.
She pulled apart grinning at me.

"I hope you recognise me." She said.

"Of course, I do Emily." I said smiling at her.

She looked at Nick.
"And you are?" She asked extending her hand to Nick.

He kissed the top of her hand.
"I'm Nicholas Silva, Reign's friend." He said smiling at her.

"Charming." She beamed.