43. Where's My Cake?

People! Shoutout to my beautiful reader ahssavvy who took efforts to make this amazing cover for my book and told me that she loves the book, which is like a blessing for me. I love to receive such comments and messages from you guys. Thank you ahssavvy for the cover! ily girl and all my pretty readers! xo ❤️

_______

After we went in, I saw Nick was talking to Christian and they both were smiling. I decided not to ruin their peaceful talk by stepping in so I went around talking to people.

I introduced Nick to Jacqueline and her face was worth watching. My best friend with no pause or stop button went quiet in front of Nick. She just shook hands with him and answered to his questions. She didn't question him like she questioned Christian the first time she met him and that was very surprising for me. Nick is an intimidating man like his father but I never thought he'd make Jacqueline go mute. But after some time Jacqueline and Nick got comfortable with each other and I was happy that my girl was back to normal.

Then I introduced Nick to Georgina and Nick impressed her with only a little talk. Nick has everything that a guy should have, in short he is perfect. Perhaps he is even more perfect for women. Because he is, who am I kidding. Alex was already very good with Nick and they shared similar interests, women. Although I have never seen Nick look at other woman but that's how his image is.

My cousins came for my birthday dinner and it made me really happy. Aunt Rose who is my father's younger sister came with her sweet son, Jake. Aunt Rose is a single mother, her businessman boyfriend impregnated her and then cut everything off when he came to know she was pregnant with his child. He tried to convince her to abort the baby because it was harmful for his image, when she refused to do so he left.

Jake is my favourite brother, he came out gay few years back and he's a celebrity makeup artist now. He's very sweet and bubbly and he is smiling all the time. He is of average height, hazel eyes, perfect symmetrical nose, glass like smooth tan skin, perfect pouty lips and curly brown hair. Jake is so talented with his skills, the makeup he was in today was looking like God did it himself. His favourite colour is purple and he has to wear something purple everyday. Today he was in purple and white head to toe. His hair was purple, his denim coordinated clothes were purple with a white tee underneath and white stilettos. He is simply beautiful.

Jake always tells me how he wants to do my makeup on my wedding and I love to hear that. Because every time he tells me about it he changes something or the other in it. I love to hear him talk, he sugarcoats everything and his British accent accentuates his talk.

When I introduced Jake to Nick, Jake thought Nick was into guys for a moment because I know how Jake reacts when he likes a guy. His eyebrows go up and down, he arches his back pushing out his butt, his voice goes high pitched and pouts a lot. Nick got the hint that Jake thought he was gay so Nick somehow slipped into the conversation that he was into women and Jake scrunched his face.

Whereas aunt Rose knew Nick, she lives in England and Nick's mother lives in London too. Somehow they two know each other and Mom knows his mother through aunt Rose.

And from my mother's side I've three cousins. Madison and Mia are daughter's of my mother's older sister, they are fraternal twins. The good side is they both are redheads like my mother so they are my mother's favourite. It was so good to see them after a year. My aunt Edith and her daughters visit us four times a year, on each of our birthdays. Last year aunt Edith came with Madison and Mia on my birthday, this time she couldn't come.