45. The Beautiful Night

!!ADULT CONTENT AHEAD!!

My grip on the steel railing covered with flowers was getting tighter and tighter thinking about the things that happened today

My grip on the steel railing covered with flowers was getting tighter and tighter thinking about the things that happened today. Everything that happened today was just...unbelievable.

My car blew up, a man landed in ICU, Nick turned my penthouse into a garden, Christian gave me his grandmother's necklace, mom is supporting me and Christian, Nick came to the dinner to surprise me with his father, he gave my name to the hotel and he tried to kiss me.
Somewhere, I wanted to too.

Why did I want to kiss him? Why did I respond to his touch when I know I love Christian. The fact that my insides wanted him at that moment was making me mad. I felt like I betrayed Christian.

Ugh, I'm hating myself.

I tried to focus on other important things and leave this one for sometime.

I have to see that man in the hospital tomorrow. God knows why he ended up in such a terrible accident. I'm glad he's alive but I have to see him tomorrow.

So many things happened within just 24 hours, it was devastating. The ratio of good things and bad things was not proportionate. I almost died today, on my birthday. A near death experience wasn't a good thing to occur on birthdays. And soon I'll have to tell Dad about the incidents; that was scaring me.

Christian slipped his hand around my stomach and pressed his body against my back. I instantly lose my grip on the railing and looked at the flowers I crushed.

He placed his chin on my shoulder.
"You should get some rest." He said. Thank God he is here to save me from my dark thoughts. I placed my hands on his.

"I don't know if I can sleep.", I said.
He kissed the side of my head.
"You want me to stay?", He asked and I turned around to face him.

I smiled at him.
"That'd be nice." I wanted him to stay, that way I could get Nick off my mind.

"What's wrong?", He asked pulling his eyebrows together. I looked down.

"Nothing... I just...", I stopped to think before what I was going to say.

"Should I tell Nick... about us?", I asked and Christian's face looked instantly thrown off but he went back to normal within a second.

"Did he do something?", He asked through his clenched jaw. I rested my forearms over his shoulders.

"No... he didn't do anything." I lied trying to protect Nick. Christian would stab him if he knows that Nick tried to kiss me.

"I just- -I think he should know. I mean he named the hotel after me and you remember what happened in Rio...."

Christian looked away and nodded.

"Maybe when he knows that I'm with you then he would back off." I shrugged.