71. As Long As I Breathe

Nick's POV

Gabriel was sitting before me, stuffing his mouth with his salad while he scrolled through his phone after the long lecture I gave him on Why you shouldn't take Reign Out and he slept through it with open eyes.

I dislike people who checkout their phones while eating, especially when they're having company. He was talking to me but his eyes were on the bright screen and it annoyed me. He came back here after he dropped Reign at the mansion.

"Do you remember Zico?", he asked, his mouth was full.

I was sipping on my chilled beer.
"Mm-hmm." I hummed as I gulped the sparkly liquid down.

"Zach Florencio, your friend who was caught trafficking women? Yes.", I nod.

He shared a snarky glance at me.
"Hey, he's a good friend." Gabby pouted.

"And He just opened a new club in the city." He flashed me the screen of his phone. It was a picture of Zico standing in front of a club entrance as he pointed his index fingers at it's name...

Trojan

"Trojan?!", I laughed out.

"So much for being a pimp huh. Naming a club after a condom brand." I shake my head as I laughed.

"Anyway...", He looked at me raising his eyebrows and letting me know that he let that remark slide by. "...he has invited us to the opening party and we are going." He announced and I croaked out a sarcastic laugh. 

"Oh I'm not going..." I give out a wry chuckle and take a sip out of my beer again.

He let out a defeated sigh.
"I don't want to know, but why?"

"You know I have a bad history with clubs." I say forming a thin line of my lips hoping this excuse would let me off the hook.

"Oh come on!", he threw his hands out, clearly exaggerating.

"Adriana was like hundreds of years ago. You are over that phase."

"Stop bullshitting and come with me.", he demanded.

I shimmy my bottle in my hand, it was empty.

Sad.

Adriana broke my heart but at least she was useful to get me out of many social gatherings for years. I guess that free coupon is invalid now, can't be redeemed anymore.

"Alright, I'am over that phase but I'm still not going to his party." I get up and walk towards the beer cabinet.

I pull it's door open and grab another beer.
"I have an image to look after and I'm not going to degrade it by showing up at that pimp's party." I shut the door close with my foot.

"C'mon, he's my good friend, man." Gabby whined through this salad stuffed mouth. I made a face.

"No way, I cannot be seen partying with a..." My brain searched for a new word "...whore pedlar." I say.

Gabby raised his eyebrows at me and chuckled a little. "Whore pedlar?"

"You're talking as if the infamous gangster Victor Alves isn't your uncle."

I gave him a look as I opened the bottle.
"Do you see me hanging out with him either?"

"That's because you're scared of him." He pressed a sneering smile at me.

I raise my eyebrows at him, "I'm not."

I'm not. He may be one of the most wanted gangster in the continent but he's also my uncle. Whatever his other black businesses may be, he understands the bond of a family. At least better than my mother.