75. Certificate Of Infidelity

"Your popcorn is... ready." Maria said as soon as the microwaves timer went off. She was looking inside through the thick glasses of the microwave. I made her prepare three bowls of caramel popcorn as it was movie night tonight. I invited Christian to watch movie with me in the theatre room. We couldn't settle on one movie last night when we talked about it. He wanted to watch some action movie again and I wasn't going to listen this time. He didn't want to watch rom-com either so we settled for a classic animated movie, Ice Age. We aren't going to be alone though, Maria is going to be with us. I couldn't exclude her, I mean she's with me all the time, I can't just tell her to leave.

"You must really love this." she pulled out the popcorn and the delicious aroma of freshly popped popcorn filled the air. Ah, I love this smell, I wish they had a perfume of this. Imagine smelling like fresh popcorn all the time. I don't know about other guys but Christian would definitely float behind me.

I smile placing two large milkshake glasses on the marble top island. "It's for Christian, he loves caramel popcorn. I'm more of cheese popcorn girl." I say to her.

She walked passed me.
"You know a lot about him."

I look at her side.
"We are kind of best friends now. He's around me all the time, it's hard not to become friends." I shrug.

"That's true. And you are friendly."

"And he is really cute." She giggled.

Yes. I'm very friendly it seems and you've gotten too comfortable with me.

"Is he seeing anybody?", she asked and I shot my eyes at her. She was busy filling the pastel coloured ceramic bowls.

"Yes, Cristian has a girlfriend." I say sternly.

"Oh... too bad." She whined.

"I'm sorry." I say to her with so much sarcasm that it was hard to even detect.

"What happened to your Lua crush?", I ask.

She kept looking at the bowl, she didn't meet my gaze. "Um, he's kind of seeing someone else now." Her voice instantly sounded dull and I felt sad for asking that. I'm such a bitch. 

"I'm sorry, Maria." I say looking at her and I was really sorry. She was already here because of me or else that girl would have been her.

She shook her head and picked up the bowls.
"It's okay." She gave me a little smile.

She looked at her full hands and then at the third bowl lying on the island.
"You go ahead. I'll get it." I say to her.
"Okay", she left for the theatre room.

Earlier, Maria helped me make some chocolate milkshake for the movie night. I don't like caramel popcorn much so I made something I'm addicted to, also I added a some rum just to spike it up a little. Movie night with no booze is boring. I drizzled some rich chocolate syrup over the thick smoothie and the bubbles popped and then sprinkled some shredded coconut over it. It was looking so delicious, I couldn't wait to taste it. I dropped a candy cane like straw in the glass and slurped a large amount of it. My mouth instantly went full and cold with it's dark taste and consistency.

Ugh. This is the best chocolate-rum milkshake ever!

Just then I felt someone's warm presence right behind me and I instantly spun around almost spilling the shake on them. I had a déjà vu of the night when Nick kissed my forehead in the King's mansion. He was looking down at me with his dark, smouldering and demanding eyes.

"Hey, love." He breathes with a little smirk challenging me with his eyes.

I narrow my eyes at him.
"Don't call me that." I hiss at him. It's really started to vex me now. Nick is changing colours like a fucking chameleon. Initially he was very friendly, then he would flirt some times, then things went bad and we didn't talk for a month, he hated me basically, then he ignored me, then he insulted me, then he made me cry and now here we are with his obnoxious and stupid flirting.