49. Deadly Ride

Nick contacted!

My heartbeat escalated when I heard Mister Francis say his assistant called him. I was excited yet anxious to know what he had to say. I was thinking all the possibilities of what he could have said.

"What did she say?", I asked impatiently.

"Uh- Their team of architects have finished the design of the hotel and they want you to see the design and your approval. She asked when you are free and would visit Rio so they could set up a conference...", He said over the phone.

I'll have to fly to Rio again.

"Check my schedule and...", I said. Now Dad was standing before me listening to what I was saying. He dismissed the bodyguards outside.

"...see when I'm free and plan it. If something is less important then postpone, keep the trip short." I stated.

"Alright Ma'am."

"I'll come in an hour till then keep everything ready. And where is Mrs. Kagawa and her colleagues staying?", I asked.

"Orchid, princess suites." He said.

"Okay. I'll be there soon." Saying that I hung up. Dad was looking at me with an expectant look as he folded his hands over his chest.

"What short trip?", He asked.

"The design of hotel in Rio is ready. Nick wants me to fly there to approve the design." I said placing my hands on my hips.

Thinking of the hotel in Rio which is named after me Reign sounded so weird to me. It was a sweet gesture but it would definitely raise questions in the industry.

"When are you expected there?", He asked.

"I don't know... Mr. Francis is checking my schedule. Probably next week I guess." I said sliding my phone on the desk.

I was expecting that Dad would say no and the chance of seeing Nick would go away just like that but...

"You are leaving tomorrow morning." He stated with a straight face, he was dead serious about it.

"What?", I exclaimed and I was confused.

"You are leaving tomorrow and staying in the Silva's mansion until I tell you to come back to the city." He said.

Dad pulled out his phone and started searching for something squinting his eyes, adjusting to see the screen. He can't see close by things without his reading glasses and he never leaves without them. He must be really furious that's why he came without bringing them along. "Silvas will keep you safe. I'll talk to them personally. I'm sure Arthur will have no problem..." He said.

"But-", I started to protest but he raised his finger in my face and glared at me, warning me.

"Enough. You don't get to make your decisions henceforth." He said sternly and turned around to leave the room with me standing their defeated with my shoulders drooped.

"Arthur!...", I heard him say happily as he left the room, slamming the door behind his back.

"Fuck!", I groaned loudly slamming my palm angrily on the head of the leather chair. He doesn't know Nick's not talking to me, he doesn't know our deal. This trip is going to be the end of me.

_______

After my meeting with Mrs. Kagawa I stayed in the hotel doing some work. I kept myself busy as soon as I acknowledged that I'll be flying to Rio and seeing Nick again. I was excited and scared at the same time, I was anxious to see him again. I didn't have enough courage to look into his eyes or answer his questions but I was eager to meet him. I hadn't seen him since my birthday. Whenever I thought of Nick that dream played in my head again and again on repeat. That dream was so realistic that even when I reminisced it... it felt real. I could actually feel everything in that dream. From Nick's kiss to the cold water hit my back.