Key to My Heart

Hello darlings: So I'll be uploading Savi didu's works here as a tribute to her. I hope you guys would like it :) 

I MISS HER SO MUCH! Please Pass A Prayer to Her and Her Family !

Annika looked at the clock, striking ten. Gauri usually never went anywhere late in the evenings, and even if she did, she had never been this late. Annika was beginning to get worried. Not that she ever doubted Gauri's capabilities of taking care of herself. She knew that her sister, who always flaunted her brown belt in karate was extremely capable of tackling any situation that came her way.

Annika then looked at Sahil, perched on the sofa with one eye towards the doorway and another eye on the TV watching Tom & Jerry, who appeared as if he was trying to hide some secret. "Why are you looking at me that way?" He asked his elder sister, swallowing a gulp. Annika narrowed her eyes, "Did your Gauri Didi tell you where she went?"

Sahil looked away. It was one thing to help his sister, but he had certainly not signed up for this interrogation by another sister when he had blackmailed his Dabangg Didi to let her secret out if she didn't buy that huge bar of chocolate for him. "How... How would I know? I'm not the security guard of this house! I too have a lot of work to do! So much burden of studies, homework, tuition..." Annika was sure something was off. Sahil was terrible at telling lies, and she could see how burdened he was as he shifted his concentration to the TV set.

"Really?" Annika enquired, "In that case, I would like to help you with your homework, Sahil. Bring your books here." Sahil mentally groaned. Having two older sisters was a punishment for no mistake of his. Anniak was about to say something, when she heard a car come to a screeching halt right outside their chawl. Looking out of the window, Annika saw the black tinted glasses of the long shiny car. Much to her surprise, the door opened and Gauri got off the car. Annika turned around to see Sahil grinning while looking at her, knowing that Gauri was now busted.

Annika's eyes then turned wide when she saw that her tom-boyish sister had a blush on her face as she was alighting from the car. She was about to move out when she was pulled back in and the door was promptly shut. Seconds later, when she got off the car, Annika could see a breathless Gauri, who had a darker shade of red on her face. It did not take a genius to figure why she was pulled back into the car. Annika, for an unknown reason, averted her eyes. Gauri was her sister, but for some reason, it felt like she was intruding on a very private moment.

Gauri felt a flutter in her steps as she walked from the car to the door. A small flicker of the car headlights made Gauri turn around, and she saw him send a flying kiss her way. Blushing more furiously, she waved out to him. However, she froze when she heard the door open behind her, and her sister clearing her throat. Gauri refuse to look at her sister, and unconsciously started fumbling with the strap of her jute bag. "Call him inside." was all that she heard her say.

Fifteen minutes later, Omkara Singh Oberoifound himself seated in the tiny living room of Gauri's humble home. What amused him is that the seven year old boy- Sahil was staring at him suspiciously, while Gauri sat looking at the floor in nervousness as if she had a ticking time bomb around her neck. Somehow, only her elder sister looked at him like he was not some dangerous terrorist taking refuge under their roof.

"What are you intentions?" Annika came straight to the point. She eerily reminded Om of his older brother Shivaay, who possessed the no-nonsense tone. "You're an Oberoi. Famous, rich, affluent. And we Trivedi's are, well, quite the opposite." "But Anni Di..." Gauri interrupted, only to have Annika stare at her saying, "We will talk later, Chutki. You know we have a lot to discuss. First let me talk to Mr. Oberoi."