Dare To Kiss

Omkara watched Gauri almost flying around the house. She seemed to have taken the responsibility of food catering for Daadi's 80th birthday too seriously; so seriously that she did not have the time to even look at the jatadhaari hippie husband of hers, who was now getting restless at the lack of attention from his chiraiyya. "Gauri, main kya pehnoon birthday function mein?" he asked a lame question, in an attempt to draw her attention. Gauri, still looking at the last-minute checklist while standing in the middle of their bedroom, said without looking at him, "Kuch bhi pehen lijiye, Omkara ji. Waise bhi aapko kaun dekhega? Birthday toh Daadi ka hai; aapka thodi hai. Toh kya farak padtha hai?" Omkara frowned, "Kaun dekhega matlab? Daadi ka birthday hai, toh main tayyar na ho jaaun?" Gauri frowned, "Aap kuch bhi pehen lijiye, accha hi dikhega." Omkara's frowns grew deeper, "Toh agar main inn ghar ke kapdon mein bhi aa jaaun toh chalega?"

Gauri looked up from the paper and looked at him as if he had grown two heads, "Aapko ho kya gaya hai?" she asked, slightly frowning, "Pehle toh aap humse yeh sab nahi poochthe the?" Omkara sighed and walked to where she was standing, "Kyun ki ab mujhe tumhari opinion jaan na hai. Mujhe ab harr cheez mein tumhari raai chahiye, ek typical husband ki tarah." Gauri rolled her eyes, "Omkara ji, agar koi aur din hota, toh hum ek din ke nahi, aapke poore hafte ke kapde select karte. Lekin iss waqt humein bahaut kaam hai. Daadi ne pehli baar humein itni badi zimmedari di hai, toh humein apne aap ko saabit karna hai ke hum koi bhi kaam asaani se kar sakte hain; aur dikhana hai ke Gauri Kumari Sharma bhi kitni chatur chiraiyya hai!"

She resumed looking at the paper, unaware of the plot hatching in Omkara's brain. Only when she heard the door click, she turned around to look at her husband locking the door of their room. "Darwaza kyun bandh kiya aapne? Humein abhi jaana hai aur Annika Bhaujaai ko yeh list..." her voice trailed when she saw him walk lazily towards her and stand close to her. Within a second, his hands were round her waist, pulling her close to him. "Kya kar rahein hain aap Omkara ji? Ghar mein itna kaam hai, aur aapko thotha-maina ka romance sooj raha hai?" she asked with narrowed eyes.

"hmmm... Gauri Kumari Sharma toh dabanng hai hi..." he said in a soft tone, reserved only for her. She nodded proudly at the compliment from her husband. "Lekin kya Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi bhi utni hi dabanng hai?" She frowned, "Yeh kaisa sawaal hai? Dono toh hum hi hain na? Toh agar, Gauri Kumari Sharma dabanng hai, toh Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi ussey kahin zyada dabanng hai!" she asked, and Omkara almost felt his heart swell with pride at the innocent answer. "Prove it..." he said in a challenged tone, and Gauri raised a brow. "Prove? Abhi? Nahi nahi, abhi toh bahut kaam hai..." She wiggled out from his hold and when she moved away, he said, "Kyun? Darr gayi?"

Gauri stared back at her husband, who looked at her with a crooked smirk. She faced him, determined, "Bilkul nahi. Bataiye, kya karna hai humein, apne aap ko prove karne ke liye?" Omkara walked to her, snaked his arms around her waist, slow and deliberate, causing her breath to hitch as his palm now spanned the bare skin of her waist through the slit of her kurti. Bending down, he whispered in her ears, "Kiss me..." Gauri felt her heart thud loudly as she registered his words. "K... kiss?" Omkara nodded with a smug look on his face. "Kiss karogi, ya phir main ye maan loon ke Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi darr gayi?" Gauri shook her head, "N... nahi... hum darthe nahi hain... hum... hum kar lenge na..."

Omkara felt his heart beating faster as he bent down to her level. "Aap agar humein aise ghoor ke dekhenge toh humse nahi hoga." She whined, and he sighed as he closed his eyes. He felt her tiny palm rest on his cheek, and even before he could savour the anticipated moment, she pecked a chaste kiss on his cheek and stepped away quickly. Omkara opened his eyes to watch his wife blushing to a shade a red.

"Yeh kaisa pheeka kiss hua?" Omkara asked, and Gauri frowned, "Pheeka matlab?" Omkara pulled her closer this time, and breathing against her cheek, he whispered in her ears, "Main toh woh, angrezi picture wali kiss ki baat kar raha tha." "HAAYE DAYYA!" Gauri almost screeched, and Omkara had to cover his ears to prevent his ears from bleeding at her shrill voice, "Aap kitne cheapde ho gaye gaye hain?" she said to him, almost in a shocking tone. "Issmein cheapde honewali kya baat hai? Husband ka toh haq banta hai. Agar patni apne pati ko kiss nahi karegi, toh phir kisse karegi?" Gauri shook her head, "Humein sharam aa rahi hai..." she whispered softly, almost hiding her face in his chest. He held her chin and made her face him. "Toh iska matlab Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi darpok hai? Ek kiss se darr gayi?"