My Cranky Baby Boy Series - 2

Omkara groaned for the eighth time in ten minutes, and Gauri rolled her eyes while sitting next to him. She always knew her husband was an overgrown baby, but today, after eight years of marriage, was yet another manifestation of this supreme truth. As if she wasn't troubled enough that her six year old boy, Som Omkara Singh Oberoi, was answering the first written exam of his life, and was totally a nervous wreck about it. And Omkara had found the perfect time to come down with a fever. Yes, Gauri actually blamed Omkara for the fever because, despite her warnings about not getting drenched in the rain last night, Omkara's insisted on re-living the filmy moment of the cheesy film he and Gauri watched that evening. And somehow, a simple shiver and sneeze led to the fever. Annika and Bhavya had been kind enough to offer to handle Som and the exam tensions until Omkara was fit and fine. And much to everyone's chagrin, Shivaay, better known as Calculator-Singh-Oberoi had stepped in to teach him Math, though Gauri knew that Som was in, not just good, but the best hands. But at least someone had offered to help to reduce her stress!

Omkara groaned again, drawing Gauri's attention, this time holding her hand under the heavy quilt. Yes, quilt. Because Omkara had began shivering with the fever and cold. This man had reduced the temperature of the air conditioner to eighteen degrees, and had buried himself under the heavy quilt. Gauri had offered to turn the air conditioner off, which he denied saying that he needed the room to be cool. How this man of profound words sometimes came up with the weirdest logic she wouldn't know!

"S... so... c... co... cold..." she heard him mutter under the quilt, as she felt him hold her palm against his cheek. "Omkara ji, let me increase the temperature at least?" She felt him shake his head in a no. "I had told you not to get drenched in the rain. Aap meri baatkahansuntehain?" she muttered angrily. She saw him peeping out under the blanket, just the pair of two deep brown eyes, looking at her in a pleading manner, "I'm s... sick now, and you... you yell at... me... Is this... how you tr... treat someone who is... is sick?" She frowned, almost pulling her hand away from his grip, but he held onto her tighter. "Haantoh? You brought this upon yourself, deliberately! Now, what do you want me to do? Pamper you?" she said in a sarcastic tone. Her jaw hung open when she saw him nod in a yes.

"Stay with me here, don't go..." he whispered, and no matter how angry she was, her heart melted when he made that cutesy puppy face at her. Darn, where had he learnt that? That was supposed to be the trick up her sleeve, whenever she wanted him to do something. Omkara had been a quick learner, using her own tactic on her. If things weren't worse, there were times when even Som did that to both his parents, getting them to agree to his demands. She frowned, "Fine. But you'll have to go to sleep now." He nodded and immediately closed his eyes, still holding her palm against his cheek. She smiled; right now, her husband was a total baby, behaving as if he was smaller than Som. She shook her head and leaned against the bed post, gently closing her eyes.

Gauri woke up, sweating and suffocating, and as her eyes fluttered open, she realised she was, somehow, under the quilt. Her husband had his hand wrapped tightly over her waist, his leg carelessly thrown across her thighs, and his head rested against her chest. She did not even have moving space. She wriggled a little, only to have him mutter something inaudible and incomprehensible in annoyance for disturbing his sleep with the unwelcomed movements. "Omkara ji..." she whispered trying to wake him up and move away, when she couldn't bear the heat from his feverish body. "Gauri... mat jao..." he whispered in a soft plea, and she would have stayed if she wasn't feeling so warm.

"Nahi, i want to move. I feel like I'm on fire..." she said in a harsh whisper. Despite the fever, he managed to open an eye and give her that mischievous smirk, "Really? My wife gets turned on when..." "NO!" She almost screamed, and then said angrily, "I'm feeling very hot!"