NOSTALGIC SYMPHONIES

Love! It makes a person do craziest things! Sometimes it fills us with complete happiness; yet sometimes, it takes us on a rollercoaster of emotions and fills us with regrets. Love, though it brings pain along, is the most beautiful feeling in the world.

Anika hugged herself as she stood amidst the crowd that was gathered in the Oberoi Mansion, constantly calling herself crazy for doing this. For, of all things that she could be doing right now, here she was, standing in front of the heavily decked up stage, watching the first love of her life, Omkara Singh Oberoi, getting engaged to the love of his life, the daughter of a millionaire businessman- Gauri Sharma. She sighed, shaking her head. Love was crazy indeed!

***

"Om! You're late!" she had glared at him when he was late by an hour. Holding his ears, he stood at the entrance of the old tiny apartment of the huge chawl she had called her home. "I'm sorry Anni... I swear, it isn't my fault. I left early from my studio. The traffic was bad! Plus, with the exhibition around the corner, it is so damn difficult." She narrowed her eyes as if assessing his statement. He continued, "I did not even go home; I straightaway came here to see you!" Still blocking his path, she turned her face away from him, refusing to give into his excuse. "You know I don't lie" he said as a matter of fact. That got her attention. She looked at him with a small smile on her lips and moved away, allowing him to come inside her humble one-bedroom-hall-kitchen rented home.

Omkara grinned mischievously as he closed the door behind, and then pulled her into his arms. Nuzzling against the nape of her neck, and taking in her fragrance, he played with the loose strands of her hair. She sighed when she ran her hands up his chest, but then she slowly pushed him away. "Eat first... I'll set the table, and we'll have dinner..." she said in a soft whisper with the dark tinge of red creeping up her cheek. He held her wrist and pulled her closer, and with his lips a few inches away from hers, he whispered, "Food can wait. I cannot!" Without giving a chance for any further discussion, he threw her over his shoulder like a sack of wheat and walked straight into her bedroom.

***

Gauri Sharma had slipped the ring on his finger, and the smile on his lips almost threatened to split his face into two. As the crowd broke into a thunderous applause, Anika slowly clapped, with her mind still replaying thoughts of the past.

***

Omkara had been busy shaping a sculpture in the corner of his studio; it was supposed to be shipped to Japan in a week. The sculpture was of a woman, holding the hand of a little child, as if guiding the little child's way. Anika, who was lying on the spare mattress of the studio, wrapped in nothing but a bed-sheet, watched the artist work on the sculpture.

Her eyes took its own sweet time to roam all over her man's body. Wearing nothing but boxers and his spectacles, she smiled when she thought of Omkara's body as a work of art in itself. His hands shaped the soft clay, and suddenly, Anika felt her throat go dry. The thoughts of having his fingers run on her flesh made her close her eyes and visualize it behind her eyelids. She squirmed in bed, and unconsciously, a sigh escaped her lips.

Omkara, who had his utmost concentration on his work, turned slowly to watch her lay in bed, with her eyes closed and her lips parted. From the outline of her body through the flimsy sheet, he could see her hand dipped into the apex of her thighs. His control slipped, and he called out her name softly. Her eyes fluttered open while her fingers still massaged her nub in circles, working her way to find her fulfilment. He rose from the stool he was seated at, and walked to the edge of her mattress. Tossing the sheet aside with his clay soaked hands, he watched her naked body, with his desire slowly throbbing into an hardening erection. They were both beyond all sorts of shyness now. He cupped her bare breast, which left a clay imprint of his large hand there. Tweaking the nipple of her other breast, he bent down to whisper, "Come for me..." and Anika's eyes rolled back, when she came apart and saw stars behind her eyelids.