Oh Saaware : Epilogue

Epilogue

Four-month pregnant Gauri skimmed her fingers over an old sketchbook she had found when one of the servants was cleaning out old boxes of art. Her Omkaraji had finally got an opportunity to open his own art gallery in Germany, and despite everyone's worry about her pregnancy, they both were moving out of the country in the coming month. Gauri smiled at the sketches in the book as she leaned against the bedpost, resting her tired feet on the cushion.

"Kya dekhrahiho, jaan?" Omkara walked into the room, and smiled when he saw his wife busy staring in awe at something. "Yeh, aapka purana sketchbook..." she said, smiling at each drawing. "Yeh tumhekahan se mili? Yeh toh bahut puraanihai!" he said, as he took a look at the book. There were various pictures, ranging from the picture of a baby, few animals, few portraits, and a few other pieces of art.

Flipping the pages while showing the drawings to her, he came across a sketch that he hardly remembered drawing. "Yeh tohsabsezyadasundarhai..." she said, running her fingers on it. It was a charcoal sketch of an open field, with a girl in a frock and two ponytails, sitting on a swing under a tree. The girl's face wasn't visible, since she had her back facing them. Next to the swing, there was a small packet, which looked like some snack; jalebis, she guessed. "Aapkopatahai..." she said, "hum jab chote the, tohgaanvmeinaise hi jhoole pe baitke hum jalebiyankhaate the..." Omkara chuckled, "Abhibhikuchnahibadla... Aajbhi tum terrace kejhoole pe baithke, chupchupkejalebiyankhaati ho..." Gauri turned red, "Aapkokisne kaha?" He grinned, "Mujhe sab patahaike meri biwikab, kyakartirehtihai..." He would never tell her that he used to love watching her gorge on those jalebis, under the pretext of her pregnancy cravings. It was as if the scene was way too familiar, even if he didn't know why.

"Woh toh... isskamannkartahaijalebiyankhaane ka..." she said, patting her slightly swollen belly. "Accha?" he said, raising a brow, "Mere junior ko tohmeethapasandbhinahihai!" She frowned and pouted, "Aapkokaisepata? Aapkomeethapasandnahitohiska yeh matlabnahike mere nandhi ko bhipasandnahihoga!" Omkara rolled his eyes at the nickname. She suddenly gasped, and it frightened him, "Kya hua?" he asked worried. "Humein jalebi khane ka mannkarrahahai. Sab aapkigaltihai, aapnehumeinyaadkyundilaya?" he chuckled when she pouted and whined, and said, "Koi baatnahi, sham ko main tumhareliye jalebi lekeaaunga, thikhai?" She grinned and nodded.

Om sat closer to her, and took her hand in his, "Waise..." he said in a husky tone, "Aur kyakyakarne ka mannkarrahahai, meri biwi ka?" She blushed, and glanced at the door which was locked. Holding his collar, she pulled him closer and whispered in his ears, "Meethakhaane ka mannkarrahahai..." He sighed and gently pulled her in his arms, as she held his face and kissed him. "I love you..." he whispered between her feathery kisses. "I love you too..." he said, in response, as he gently caressed his unborn baby.

"Sachmein dhal jaatehainkisse

dil se dohranekebaad...

Ishq pe hogayakeen

ishqhojanekebaad..."

***