MEETHA

"How can God be so unfair?" Rudra announced early evening as he walked with his hands on the hips, pacing the passage by the pool. Omkara and Shivaay who were lost in deep thought and worry, glanced at each other and looked at their youngest brother. Rudra paused walking, and understanding the confusion etched on their faces, he clicked his tongue and proceeded to explain, "In the sense, God has given body and brain to me and me alone! How could He not be generous when it came to you both?" Shivaay shook his head with an expression that said, Are you serious? Omkara stood up, "That's all you've to say? Don't forget you are the reason we're in this mess, in the first place." Rudra took pride in himself, but looking at his elder brothers' murderous stare, changed his amused smile into a serious one as Omkara sat down again. "Arrey, what did I do? I just asked Chulbul Bhabhi as to what did you gift her today for her birthday..." "...And told her that you're planning to take Bhavya on an exotic holiday to a resort for her birthday!" Shivaay said in exasperation. Rudra frowned, "I understand O being upset, but why are you getting your knickers in a twist?" Omkara gave Rudra a hard stare which unfortunately did not light the youngest Oberoi's tube light. "That's because Gauri and Annika are more than just sisters-in-law; they're almost like sisters. Annika noticed how Gauri got upset after you finished talking to her, and when asked, Gauri expressed she was disappointed that Om didn't even remember her birthday this morning, leave alone getting a gift," Shivaay said to Rudra in one breath, then turned to Om and continued, "Which is not right on your part too O, and I'll get back to you on that," and turning back to Rudra, the marble-eyed man continued, "And now Annika is also upset that I've never done anything extraordinary for her, apart from gifting her phones, which at the end of the day, I end up breaking into pieces." Rudra's mouth formed a perfect O and then made a cry-baby face at his brothers, "So, how is that my fault? As if I would imagine O forgetting his only wife's birthday! And Annika Bhabhi too..."

"Erm, guys..." Omkara cleared his throat, "If you're done, can you help me and focus on my problem? Gauri is clearly upset. And Shivaay, you still have three months to go to think of a resplendent surprise for Bhabhi."Both the brothers nodded their head in unison, understanding the situation. "Take her on a date!" Rudra exclaimed, "Take her on a dinner to a beach side restaurant, and decorate the area with roses and lights. And then hold her hand and walk on the shore. After that in the middle of nowhere, hold her hand, get on a knee and slip a diamond ring on her finger. Fool-proof plan; never goes out of style." Omkara who gave him a small smile, suddenly grinned at Rudra, "Brilliant! What a plan, Rudy, except," wiping the grin off his face, he said seriously, "Gauri isn't the person who is impressed with extravagant things. She likes simplicity, just the way she is. Saadhgiuskagehnahai! Zindagi ki chhotichhoticheezonmeinuskokhushimiltihai aur..." Rudra cleared his throat at Gauri's praise, "Aur? O, bolo na. It's so nice to hear you praise our Chulbul Bhabhi" At this, even Shivaay grinned. Om, who unconsciously wore a smile whilst praising her, bit the insides of his cheek and turned his expression serious, "Aur Rudy, tera plan fool-proof nahi, bakwashai. If I needed such a clichd plan, I wouldn't have asked for your help." Just when Rudy was about to open his mouth again, Om held his hand up, "Tu rehne de, just don't talk. Shivaay please help me!" Shivaay who scratched his brow for some time, looked up at Om, "How about gifting a phone?"Rudra chuckled, "We're talking about Chulbul Bhabhi, not Annika Bhabhi!" Shivaay bit his tongue while Om rolled his eyes and Rudra spoke again. "Okay okay, O, how about a lovely saree? Something simple, yet something that, you know, brings out her best features?" Shivaay nodded in agreement.

Om frowned contemplating the idea. And then he recalled the day he saw her wearing the green saree; the way he had barged into the room due to the fire alarm, the way the edge of her saree flew off, the way he had inched so slowly towards her, the way he draped the saree around her, whilst standing close enough to let their warm breaths mingle, the way he looked into her eyes, the way her gaze was cast on the floor in shyness and hesitation... "And..." Rudra spoke aloud forcing Om out of the memory of the incident, "You never know, once Chulbul Bhabhi wears the saree, which you would gift her so lovingly, she might give you a return gift, if you know what I mean?" he said with a mischievous wink, "Birthday pe Bhabhi ko gift, aur aapkobhimeethasa return gift." Omkara got up from his seat, suddenly scaring Rudra having to face a punch from O for his shameless talks. Omkara Singh Oberoi might have been the calmest person anyone would've ever met, unless someone deliberately got in his bad books. His Chulbul Bhabhi had rightfully named him Nandi-the-bull. For a second even Shivaay frowned in worry for his youngest brother. But the widest grin on Omkara's face shocked the daylight out of the other two Oberoi Brothers. "You're the best, Rudy! Thanks!" Om said hurriedly and ran off. "Om liked your idea?" Shivaay wondered aloud. Rudra too looked in the direction that Om ran off, "I think O like the aftermath of the idea. Our O has become shameless!" That earned a "Shut up Rudra" from Shivaay along with a smack to the head, making the younger one pout like a baby.