Yeh Tune Kya Kiya : Part 2

Part Two

"Aap ne sahi kaha tha, Omkara ji. Hum kabhigarbhvathi the hi nahi" she whispered to him with her eyes closed. Omkara did not believe what he had just heard. Or maybe he had simply misjudged what she actually meant to say? Just to give her and himself another chance to listen, understand and interpret the words she just uttered, he asked, "What?" Gauri's eyes fluttered open at his shocked, breathless voice, as if his breath had been sucked out of his lungs. With his hands no longer wrapped around her, he shifted a couple of inches away from her so that he could take a good look at her face when she was going to repeat what she had just spoken. Gulping a nervous breath, Gauri sat up on the bed with her back towards him, and mimicking her action, Omkara too sat up. "Humne bahut baarkoshishkeethi, Omkara ji, aap ko sacchbataane ka. Magar hum meinhimmat hi nahi hui thiaapse yeh kehne, ki hum kabhigarbhvathi the hi nahi."

An eerie silence fell in the room. Omkara refused to say anything, and Gauri had no courage to turn around and look at his face. Seconds passed by. "Humne yeh sab sirfaapkeliyekiya, Omkara ji" Gauri finally spoke after a few more seconds passed by. Turning around slowly, she looked at Omkara, who sat staring at the floor, as if he had been frozen. A fresh pain sliced through her heart, and she crawled on her fours to where Omkara was sitting numb. She dared to inch closer to him and with trembling hands, she cupped his face, "Meri tarafdekhiye Omkara ji. Humne yeh sab sirfaapkeliyekiya, aapkobachane, aapkoBuaMaakeasliiraadedikhaanekeliye" Omkara looked at her face; her innocent face which was capable of melting stone. The very same innocence that he'd began to fall for; the innocence which was so refreshing and pure that he was willing to question his own conscience about his opinions he had of her; the innocence that made his heart convince his mind that she wasn't as bad as he had thought; her innocence where he was almost going to let his heart win over his mind; the innocence that she had been faking all this while.

And just like that, in a blink of an eye, the love, warmth, care and sensitivity had evaporated away from him. Gauri shivered when she saw that raw rage on his face. He held her wrists that rested on his face and in a deathly grip, he pulled her hands away from his face. Without another word, he rose from the bed and yanking her arm, he dragged her out of his room. Gauri struggled to free her hand but his grip was stronger. Daadi, Jhanvi, Shivaay and Rudra, who were seated in the living room discussing about a party to be thrown for Priyanka's first birthday post marriage, were shocked to see a raging Omkara dragging a bitterly-crying Gauri out in the corridor. "Omkara, kyakarrahahaitu? Chhodousey" Daadi panicked and screamed at Omkara, who refused to hear the old lady's plea. A confused Jhanvi asked Omkara as to what happened, to which he did not utter a reply. "Om, Stop right there!" Shivaay commanded and Omkara stopped in his track. Shivaay ran up to a nervous Gauri and freed her hand from Om's tight grip. Gauri hissed in pain, crying bitterly, as Shivaay examined the dark red marks his fingers had left on her wrist. "Pagalhogayahaikya, Om? Kya haalkardiyabechaari ka? What is wrong with you?" Shivaay looked at Gauri's tear-stricken face and her bruised wrist.

Omkara laughed cynically, "Bechaari? Zara poochoapneissbechaari Gauri se keusne hum sab kesaathkitnabadadhokakiya?" Omkara's words left everyone stunned. Turning to the woman who claimed to be so innocent and true, with Shivaay still standing next to her, Omkara grit his teeth as he spoke in a low growl, "Tum khud batarahihosabko, ya main bataaun?" Gauri fell silent and looked at the floor, "Please Omkara ji, humareiraadegalatnahi..." "Don't you dare!" Omkara growled back in wrath, cutting her sentence in between.

Turning towards his family members and pointing towards Gauri, he said in an icy tone, "Issaurat ne hum sab se jhoot bola kewoh pregnant thi. Sacchtoh yeh haikewohkabhi pregnant thi hi nahi. Usne pregnancy ka naatakkiya. Aur jisbacchekekhone pe hum sab maatham mana rahe the, asalmeinwohbacchakabhitha hi nahi. Everything was a lie." Shivaay looked at Gauri. No, there was no way Gauri could stage such a huge drama. Shivaay was sure that there had to be some sort of misunderstanding between the two. "Gauri? Yeh Om kyabolrahahai?" Jhanvi asked in shock, while Gauri kept crying without saying a word.