Spring Dream

AN: Y'all might be wondering what witchcraft has made me make an update this quickly but the answer is simple. If I didn't write this now, I'd lose this and I'd hate that. So treat for you~

*****

Liang Fei felt his consciousness fade and solidify.

He blinked, trying to focus on what was in front of him. He wasn't sure when but he found himself walking down a city street. It was a familiar street. The one he always took to work and back.

The cold winter air stung his lungs but it wasn't unpleasant. Winter was a beautiful time and one he actually liked.

Winter was quiet.

There weren't crowds bustling about the streets like in summer. The animals that usually made noise were asleep or scarce, unlike spring. There were no sudden rainstorms that forced people impatiently indoors like autumn.

The world took a break and gave one a chance to breathe.

Liang Fei walked silently, enjoying the sights around him. The mist escaping his lips as he breathed. The bare trees, coated in snow. The moon, alone in the sky with nary a cloud in sight.

I wish I could show this to Xieren. Liang Fei thought, resting on a park bench.

He briefly wondered why he expected to see that man at all before he felt someone's gaze on him. He turned to find the source and could just barely see someone on the opposite end of the pathway. The darkness obscured them but Liang Fei could barely see the outline of long hair blowing in the wind.

They almost looked familiar but he was sure they'd never met befor-

"Teacher!?" Liang Fei's head snapped toward the sound, the stranger leaving his thoughts as he stood to meet the younger man coming his way.

Heterochromatic eyes gleamed under the lamplights as he brushed his short blue-black hair behind his ears.

"Xieren." Liang Fei stood, walking to meet with the man. He reached up to brush the snow from his shoulders. "You should be more careful lest you get a cold."

"Is that something you should be telling me?" He retorted, smiling as he let Liang Fei touch him freely. "If I left you alone, you'd surely get sick without realizing it."

That had only happened once. He silently protested, though his face showed none of his feelings on the matter.

"I was waiting for you." He replied instead, nodding with satisfaction at the snow-free shoulders before him.

At this, Xieren scowled. "Teacher, didn't I tell you not to wait out here? It's dangerous at night."

"It is for you as well."

"That doesn't matter! If teacher gets hurt, I-"

"That is none of your concern." Liang Fei interjected, patting him on the shoulder. "I want to make sure you make it home alright."

Xieren pouted, speaking with heavy reluctance. "Yes, teacher."

So obedient~

"Also, why are you still calling me 'teacher'?" Liang Fei asked, cocking a brow. "You graduated a long time ago and I'm no longer even a teacher."

"Still, teacher is teacher!" Xieren said, staring into Liang Fei's eyes. His iris seemed to darken with some unidentifiable emotion. "My beloved teacher..."

Liang Fei reached up, stroking the man's head indulgently. It was so strange to think that just a few years ago, they had been student and teacher. That this man used to be his adorably rebellious student.