Past and Present

AN: I've been asked whether or not Xuejie (my transmigrator) will have his own story/romance. Honestly, I'm on the fence about it. Xinyi's wife is going to be in this story so having three romances in the story might make things complicated. 

The temptation is real~

*****

By the time they arrived at Liang Fei's hideout, Xieren had fallen asleep, his soft snores bring a smile to Liang Fei's face. He laid the child down gently, letting him roll away to snuggle into the blankets Liang Fei had bought.

Seeing him curl up like a kitten made Liang Fei inwardly squee. How could he not pet Xieren. He looked so precious just then.

Liang Fei remained by Xieren's side for a while, content to pet him and his soft hair for as long as he could. Xieren, even deep in sleep, enjoyed the attention and smiled gently.

"Shizun~"

Liang Fei's hand froze, his heart stopping in his chest. For a moment, he thought he'd been found out and had awoken the young man. Yet his soft snores continued without pause.

Yet why would he call out to him? He wondered, frowning. Xieren greatly disliked being touched by Shao Liangfei so why was he dreaming about him?

Liang Fei sat back, trying to come up with an explanation but finding none. Perhaps he was having a good dream? But it couldn't be about him, right? Xieren had been mistreated by his original so...

After minutes of his mind running in circles, Liang Fei gave up this pursuit. It was probably not important. If it was a pleasant dream, that would be nice but if the dream was grim, it would change nothing.

Even if Xieren hated him, Liang Fei adored all his students and would stand beside him.

It was strange to be hated one moment and then adored the next but Liang Fei had gotten used to the feeling. His only reprieve was that at this moment, he was Tankian, so he could comfort the young man if needed. 

Watching Xieren, Liang Fei thought about his story. He'd been chased around but why? Even as talented a cultivator as Xieren was, he was no more special than anyone else. Or perhaps they wanted to gain information from him?

Such things like conspiracies and the like were not Liang Fei's expertise. Especially in fictional stories. They were usually convoluted and silly, making those involved act ridiculously as opposed to thinking things through.

The trauma of having been forced to read one of his sister's comic books had convinced him that all fictional stories were filled with stupid protagonist who can't act rationally.

(AN: I'm assuming he read a shoujo manga and full on rage quit.)

Unfortunately, he was in one of those silly novels and had to live a bit longer. He wasn't sure when his deadline was but as long as he could return home, he'd be satisfied.

So he must solve this mystery.

He stood up, intending to leave when he felt a tug on his robe. Looking down, Xieren had somehow grabbed the edge of his robe, his snores having not ceased.

Ah, even in sleep, he is clingy. He thought, petting the child indulgently. It took a minute to coax his robes free from the young man's grip but he was soon by the door. As he gazed at the sleeping child, Liang Fei couldn't help but sigh.

The world he'd arrived in 4 years ago was one of fantasy and magic. Mystical beasts and flying swords. All this laid at his feet with little to no guidance. Not to mention the looming threat of being killed by the still unknown protagonist.