Rejected by the protagonist

AN: Be sure to read to the very end

*****

Silence fell upon the group. The young disciples were aghast that Xieren would dare strike his master, especially considering he was being so nice. They all wanted to speak out and defend their elder from such ungratefulness.

Xieren, on the other hand, almost immediately regretted his actions. While his fear was justified in his heart, Shao Liang Fei was not an understanding man. Nor was he kind. He didn't know why his shizun was acting the way he was but he knew for a fact it wasn't out of kindness. Still, he'd rather not have to face the consequences of his actions. Shizun was too willing to make him truly regret it.

With a unsteady heart, Xieren looked up, wanting to see how Shizun would react. He was shocked to see that his face had yet to change. His expression as still as calm waters but just behind those eyes, he saw amusement. Indignation burst forth in his heart.

What the hell was he so amused by?!

Liang Fei was in his only world just then. When his hand was slapped away, he was just as shocked as others, thinking he might have pushed too far. He was still new to this world and wasn't sure of the relationships between everyone yet.

Inwardly, he sighed, thinking that it might have been better to listen to his sister's rants at least once. Perhaps then, he'd know better than to randomly touch people. In fact, if she knew he'd gone and done this, she'd rant and rave about how right she was to accuse him of being 'like that'. Just cause he thought a young man was cute wasn't cause to accuse a man of being into them!

Thinking of the sly and devious ways Liang Mei would win arguments in her own mind nearly brought smile to his face. Despite his amusement, his face remained static, barely a ripple other than his eyes. He was brought out of his stupor when the other disciples voices rang out.

"Ungrateful brat, how dare you glare at Elder Shao!" The leader chastised, his complaint echoed by his minions. Liang Fei rolled his eyes. What? Were they all dogs? Did they all have to echo and howl one after the other?

"Right! Elder Shao is kind enough to give you a chance to lie to us and yet you dare strike him." Another spoke, sneering down at him. Xieren said nothing, glaring at the others past Liang Fei. He looked very close to snapping. He(LF) decided something had to be said before hands started flying.

"If I need someone to speak for me, I'll be sure to let my dear disciples know." He said, his tone soft but firm. The howling youths went silent, taking a step back. Something about that tone made them want to stay quiet and out of sight.

(AN: Liang Fei just used 'mom voice'. It was super effective.)

"As for being struck, it's nothing to get so animated about." He stated, folding his arms over this chest. "It was barely anything, gusts of wind against a mountain really." He assured, hoping it would calm them down. Plus, it wasn't a lie. Xieren's strike was barely anything against the strength in this body. It was more shock than force that moved him.

Unfortunately, his words had the opposite effect. He had wanted to ease the tension by assuring them that he wasn't even hurt so there was no need to make a fuss. What had actually happened was him confirming the suspicions of a very paranoid youth.

He was laughing at me!

Xieren was still trying to make sense of Shizun's expression when he heard his words. Shizun's casual tone and words made him think he was being made fun of. That there was no need to put so much stock into such a weakling. That the amusement he was Shizun laughing at his feeble attempt to strike him. Frustrated at his weakness and the perceived mockery in the eyes of those before him, Xieren slipped away, wanting to get away from these loathsome people.