That's supposed to be mine

AN: So I chose to start naming my chapters. Why, cause it sounds fun. You guys will be able to tell when I am unable to think of a title cause the title will most likely suck or just be a bit on the nose.

Also, super very sorry for the lack of updates. To make it up to you, here's a cute pic of Tankian and Xieren.

******

******

Liang Fei listened as the person outside the window ran away, their light footsteps echoing in the hall. It must have been one of the disciples but he didn't care too much about it. He felt no need to hide his activity. He just hoped they wouldn't get sick from the rain.

"Please come out." He said, turning toward the door. While his attention was on the person outside the window, he hadn't missed the person outside the door. Though this person didn't bother to try and hide themselves at all.

"Junior brother." Zhihao said, casually walking into the kitchen as if he wasn't snooping about. He'd seen the light coming from the kitchen and had to find out who was cooking so late. Who knew it'd be this guy.

"What brings you out so late?" Liang Fei asked, turning back to his cooking. The brew he made was a thick soup that smelled delicious to any close enough to take it in. Even Zhihao was near drooling at the scent.

"I could ask the same of you." He replied, drawing closer. As expected, the kitchen was a mess, the counters covered in flour and other ingredients. From the corner of his eye, he spotted some hot spices and picked one up. "I didn't know you were the type to cook."

Liang Fei (the original) was a spoiled and rich brat, never having even entered a kitchen before, let alone cook. To see this man, who had once scoffed at the notion of having to eat with others, cooking so casually, was shocking to say the least.

"My time in seclusion was time well spent." He replied vaguely, reaching over to take the spice bottle from Zhihao. "Cultivation is but one of the many things one must learn in order to live a comfortable life."

"You sound like a mother trying to sell off their daughter." He replied, snickering with amusement. "Surely you aren't thinking of becoming someone's wife, are you?"

"No, I doubt that would make anyone happy." He replied back, trying to imagine such a thing. "Perhaps I can surprise my future spouse with my skills?"

"Oh? So you do plan on marrying?" He pushed, interested in the subject. Zhihao had never liked Liang Fei, seeing him as a useless and arrogant man but this man before him? He could see why Shuren was so fixated on him. He was interesting.

"I honestly never thought about it." He replied, sprinkling some of the spice into the soup. "I have many responsibilities to take care of so I doubt I could make any woman happy." He stated, his eyes dimming a bit.

From a young age, he'd always had something else to do. Whether it was picking up his little sister from school or helping out around the house or even just working, he rarely had any free time. It was why he valued his time with Xuetian so much, despite how annoying he could be at times.