Things to consider

That dream had taken its toll on Liang Fei.

While it had only been a short while, he had felt heartbroken when he saw Xieren in the arms of another. Like the world had crumbled beneath his feet. He had hoped he could handle such a situation but reality was cruel and decisive.

He'd never accept such a thing.

He'd definitely make a fool of himself if he didn't do something drastic.

Fortunately, his newly regained strength gave him the opportunity to brainstorm an idea. While his body had accepted the cultivation with little backlash, he could not recklessly act as he could easily hurt himself.

He'd spent days meditating to stabilize himself and in that time, he came to many conclusions.

He could not remain Xieren's lover.

At any point in time, he could lose his spot. It was a precarious position that left all the power on Xieren. Obviously, Liang Fei wasn't going to force a relationship but it couldn't remain as it was.

But first, he'd need to clear the path.

Liang Fei, after relaxing in a warm bath, sought out Suyan, who had been avoiding him for days now. The elder had no idea why though, as the child was very helpful.

Xieren had mentioned something about a coma but really, was that any reason to make him feel bad? He had woken up so it worked out in the long term.

Yet Suyan refused to leave his room, shouting from within about 'training himself' and the like.

Liang Fei didn't understand but didn't press the matter. He did advise the servants to make sure Suyan ate regularly since he was sure this boy would starve before daring to leave his 'zone'. It happened to him more often than not.

But since he couldn't talk to Suyan, Liang Fei found himself wondering what to do. If he stayed within the castle, he'd bump into Xieren and that wouldn't help.

He'd just be discovered and he had to do this properly.

"Should I ask Xuejie?"

He briefly considered the option but tossed it aside just as quickly. Xuejie seemed to be going through some things with He Qing. They were often locked in their rooms for whatever reason.

"Xinyi then?" He considered before shaking his head.

Xinyi was about the same, though she and Yao Da seemed to be getting along again.

Then that meant Liang Fei had no one he could ask for advice. Had he the option, he could just search online but in this world, there was no such thing.

It was one of the downsides to living in such a place.

Just as his thoughts became gloomy, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him, pulling him closer. He relaxed, letting Xieren hold him.

"Why are you just standing in the middle of the hallway, Shizun?" He asked, pressing a kiss to the elder's temple.

"I was just thinking."

Yes but about what? He yearned to ask but knew he wouldn't get an answer.

"Care to join me, Shizun?"

***

Xieren wasn't sure how to respond to this new Shizun.

Ever since he woke up, it seemed like his master was... planning something. He would always ask where he was planning on being during the day. It was obvious he was trying to hide something but for once, he was actually really good at it.