Helpful Wifey

AN: Super very sorry for lack of update. This chapter was a bit of a hassle to finish.

*****

Liang Fei was having a stressful sleep, his mind filled with images too vague and foggy to recall when he was awoken by a shout.

"Hey!?" The voice called out, coupled with his body being shaken. "Oi, wake up, Fei-ge. We've got shit to do."

Misty eyed and dazed, Liang Fei woke up with a long yawn. His mind was still trying to catch up with reality, his dream fading at the edges of his thoughts. He blinked at the somewhat blurry image of Xuejie.

"Good mor- evening?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. Peeking at the window, he saw that night had already fallen. His movement disturbed the robe placed over him, unveiling his naked chest and the various marks left on him.

Xuejie could only grimace.

"Damn, did you guys really do all that in the library?" He complained, looking away. "Couldn't you be considerate and tell me so we can air the room out a bit? It's so awkward~"

This poor man, why did he have to suffer such injustices!? Not only did his bro get to sleep with all the beauties in the world but now he got to indulge to his heart's content the person he loved.

Where was the justice!?

Liang Fei, somewhat embarrassed about being caught, covered his chest.

"My apologies."

The man waved it off. "Whatever. It's already done."

"Thank you for your understanding."

"If I wasn't understanding, would I even be a man?" He retorted, tossing the man a change of clothes. "If I was dating someone, I'd definitely make my interests known."

"You are still single?" Liang Fei couldn't help but ask. Even when he was a student, the man was very interested in the opposite sex, constantly chasing after girls and trying to get their attention.

It was adorable how he would constantly be rejected yet keep trying.

"It's not from lack of trying, mind you." The man sighed, turning his back as the other got dressed. "I've just been super busy. There are all kinds of trouble going on as of late so I can't get any free time. And even when I do, He-ge needs me to be his bodyguard."

At this, Liang Fei frowned. "He Qing is fairly strong, right?"

He didn't know much about him since they had only met once, but he was sure He-Qing was very strong before. Since his own cultivation was low, Liang Fei couldn't say where the younger man was now but surely he wasn't so weak as to need a bodyguard.

"That is... a bit of a long story and not mine to tell."

"I see." There was a moment of silence, in which Liang Fei peeked back at Xuejie. His expression was closed off, indicating that the subject wouldn't be pursued any further. "What problems have you been facing then?"

"Conflicts in the southern border of the kingdom." He explained. "The sects seem to be gathering their forces to make an attempt at taking some land back. Worse still, since those living there might very well be helping."

"Ah, so that's why Xieren has been so busy." He had noticed Xieren seemed to be stressed as of late, muttering to himself often. It was why Liang Fei had chosen to spoil the man.

Xuejie let out a weary sigh. "Yeah, he wants to send some people down to resolve the conflict but no one cares enough to make the effort."

"How come?" Liang Fei couldn't understand why they wouldn't want to send anyone. The consequences of not doing so were too much of a risk yet they chose the hard path?