Failed Attempt

AN: So after reading your comments, it seems that very few people like System Q. I wasn't expecting you guys to love it but wow you guys really hate it. Plus, I notice your guys have a few fave's to comment on. So yay!

Anywho, I really do appreciate all the comments. It makes me me happy to see you guys give me your thoughts and opinions (hint hint).

********

"Did you hear the rumor?"

"Yeah, I did. I was pretty shocked though."

"Makes sense, considering how he acted."

"Still, it's kinda weird."

"Hm?" Xieren looked around the dining hall. Everyone was whispering but their words were loud and clear to him. They were speaking about something or someone. Usually, he wouldn't care but he couldn't help but be curious. Perhaps it had something to do with him?

"Brother Xieren!?" The youth looked up to see a beautiful young lady wave at him. Her long dark hair and luminous eyes glowed under the afternoon sun. Unaware of all the stares she was receiving, she called him over. "Come, sit with me, brother!"

With a heavy heart, he did so, trying to ignore all the glares he received from those who yearned for this one sister's attention. It wasn't like he wanted to be the center of attention. No, he wished he could just disappear until he was strong enough to prove himself to all of them. Instead, he ended up gaining attention for all the wrong reasons.

Sitting across from the lovely lady, he sighed as he felt the glares burn holes into his back. Their jealousy really was unwarranted. This girl, Li Xinyi, was really not worth all this fuss. She was an idiot.

"Brother Xieren, what's the matter?" She asked, apparently unaware of all the stares they were getting. "Do you have a stomach ache? Do you wish for me to rub it?"

Her innocent words, broadcasted across the dining hall by her casual tone, brought upon him darker glares. The other disciples wished death upon him, both wanting to kill Xieren and wanting to be him at the same time.

As I thought, she's an idiot. Xieren thought, shaking his head at her. Xinyi pouted, confused at his answer but soon nodded with understanding. Xinyi, despite being a genius at alchemy, was an idiot when it came to affection. She was so caring and sweet, many disciples wished to court her but her simplistic way of viewing others made it nigh impossible to get her to reciprocate. Everyone knew this about her and chose to just admire her from afar.

That changed when Xieren was accepted into the sect. No one was sure how the two met but they were soon seen together constantly. Whenever possible, Xinyi would visit Xieren, giving him gifts and having lunch with him. Many assumed they were close though Xieren denied this.

"I can't control what she does." He'd retort when confronted by her jealous fanboys. "If you have a problem with her visiting me, take it up with her." This would usually lead to Xieren being beaten bloody and having to be carried to the infirmary, which would mean Xinyi would rush over to treat him.

Rinse and repeat.

This day, Xieren chose to ignore the stares. He was in a fairly good mood. It had been a good couple days since he last saw his Shizun and his absence meant he could relax and train on his own. While he wasn't sure how well his cultivation was going, he knew for a fact he was probably getting more done without his Shizun's so called guidance.

"Ne, Brother Xieren, have you heard the news?" Xinyi asked, eating her meal quietly. In front of her was a feast for at least three. While she had a huge appetite, he knew it wasn't all for her.