I can't hate you

AN: Super very sorry for the long wait. Bad case of writers block, hence why this chap is so damn long. But to cheer you up, heres a pic of Xinyi! Yay!

 But to cheer you up, heres a pic of Xinyi! Yay!

********

"Oi, how dare you mess with this He Qiang, eh?!"

Liang Fei, like everyone else on the street, had turned to see what the commotion was. Since he was taller than most, he could see that there was a young man standing up tall and noble with a bunch of other similarly noble looking people. Yet their behavior was anything but.

Anyone else would have turned their gaze away, choosing to let the matter be settled among those involved but Liang Fei was not like that. Not when it was a group of people against one lone person.

And that person was a dear friend of his, An Li.

An Li was a courtesan that he had met with a few times while working. An Li was one of the few male courtesans there and was generally mistreated due to customers apparently feeling wronged for being 'mislead'. Liang Fei had helped him with a particularly unhappy customer and the young man had yet to let it go. Even as he frequently told him he needed no reward, An Li kept trying to repay him.

It was a bit bothersome but he was a nice guy who helped him a number of times. As such, Liang Fei was not about to let him get bullied.

"Please state your business with Xiao Li." He called out, gaining the attention of everyone around, though most weren't surprised. Their family's Tankian was the type to come and assist if the need arises. But these trouble makers were...

"Us? How about you start with your own introduction before making demands from us." One of the young men demanded, cocking a brow as he brazenly showed off his robes. They were vibrant gold and white, emblazoned with a single white flower. They were clearly cultivators though Liang Fei wasn't sure what sect.

"You go around, making a scene in the middle of town and even talk down to an elder, yet expect courtesy?" He countered, his tone relaxed but provocative. His cold eyes cut through the air, making the young men shiver. The so called noble air they put out now felt stagnant when compared to Liang Fei. Even dressed in robes of fine fabric and obvious power, they still fell short of the natural elegance Liang Fei exuded by pure instinct.

"You..." They began, jealous of that inborn grace, only to be interrupted by the man before them.

"How very brazen of you. I wonder what your Master would say seeing you act this way while proudly displaying your colors." The youths flinched, unable to reply to such words, since the truth of them rang as clear as a bell. Still, pride kept them from backing down.

"Hey, how about you mind your own business and leave us be, Uncle?" A youth suggested glaring up at him. He said youth but the man looked to be at least in his 20's. Had Liang Fei been in his own body, they might even be considered close in age. He was standing beside another young man who smiled serenely though to Liang Fei, he looked very snake like.