Warm Welcome

AN: So random bit of trivia, I recently learned that Chinese words have interesting meanings when you look into it. Like, did you guys know that Zhu Li, like the character from Legend of Korra, actually means 'Assistant Manager'.

Prepare thyselves, this is a super long one. Longer than I expected...

*****

Liang Fei remained silent, his face still and calm while his mind was in turmoil. Fiancee?! Since when did he have one of those? That was never mentioned in the plotline he was given! Then again, that worthless 'system Q' or whatever didn't tell him anything at all.

Worse yet, he had no clue who this person in front of him was. Was he a friend? Family? Some guy he bumped into on the street one time? How was he to know?

"I..." He started, trying to think of a response. The man scowled, waiting for a response. Luckily, before any more words could be said, Xieren ran up, pushing the man away.

"Who are you?!" He demanded, glaring hatefully from behind his mask. Such a sight shocked the two men, making this new face the focus.

Internally, Liang Fei was too grateful for the diversion. It gave him time to think.

"Now now, no need to be so rude to an elder." He scolded, pulling Xieren away. With how he was simmering, he looked close to biting the man.

When did my Disciple suddenly become like a stray? He thought with a sigh.

Xieren continued to glare but obediently allowed his master to pull him away. If his master wasn't here, he very well would have punched this guy.

Touching his master, talking about a fiancee in front of him, surely this man wanted to die!

Meanwhile, the man in question watched the two, clearly curious.

"A-Fei, who is this little one?" He looked between the two.

Both Liang Fei and Xieren jumped at the familiar way this man spoke to him. Clearly, they were close.

Perhaps they were family?

Just when the temptation to ask was becoming overwhelming, another voice spoke, this one softer and gentle.

"Perhaps, my lord, we should speak elsewhere."

All eyes fell onto the fourth person in the group, unnoticed till this moment, She had been escorted by the mysterious man and addressed but had been forgotten about soon after.

Her appearance was hidden from sight, her head covered by a dark veil. Her posture made it clear that she was a noble miss, with high rank and prestige.

The man sighed, looking a bit put out by the situation. they were, indeed, causing a scene.

"Let's get away from here." He offered, gesturing for them to follow. "We can talk back at the villa."

Xieren looked ready to attack the man, wanting nothing more than to bite him. His teeth were sharp so surely he could-

"I shall follow uncle." Liang Fei said, nodding at the man. From the way he was addressed, he figured that this man must be older. He wasn't sure by how much but it was better safe than sorry.

"Hah?! Who's your uncle?" The man cried, looking wronged. He leaned in close with a frown. "Just because I'm a little older, you dare call this Chen Yu 'uncle'? Who gave you the gall?"

"My apologies..." He replied, a bit surprised but firm. When the man continued to stare, Liang Fei sighed. "Brother Yu?."

That brought a smile to Chen Yu's face.