42. Infidelity.

Authors Note:
Olivia's POV is no longer here. This will be written in Nicholai's POV now.

Chapter 42:

We lost.

"Nicholai."

My head turned to see my brother following after me, "Sage what are you still doing here? You need to go."

"I'm not going anywhere." He stood his ground against me. He had the look of a solider in his eyes and it wasn't wavering away from it. I've noticed that Sage had been more determined recently, and that was one thing that could get him killed. He never listened when it really mattered for him to.

"We're all clear here." Julius confirmed, before stepping over a dead body casually. "A clean up crew will be here shortly."

I had to clean up this mess of tonight, whether I liked it or not, I didn't need the news getting ahold of this.

My teeth clicked together, trying to process out the night step by step, brick by brick.

I've faced defeat before but not like this.. All of the plots, plans, fallen soldiers wasn't suppose to be for me to experience. No. It was suppose to be his plots and his plans and his fallen soldiers on the line while I stood off to the side mocking the sick man that Amelia called her father so casually and he won. And he had the leisurely of mocking me in this game of chess.

I sighed.

I couldn't blame anyone for this.

I couldn't blame her, I just wish she would have given me time, but how could she? The man that I used to call my uncle killed her mother in cold blood for his gain of my father's approval, no doubt, stood in front of her. She had finally placed that puzzle piece right where she needed it to be. It was up to her to figure out the next step.

I was proud of her.

But the woman I saw wasn't her, she was someone different and seeing her in action with a front row seat shock me to my core. She became someone that I didn't want to see...

Or she transformed into someone I never paid much attention to.

She was Olivia Ludavico.

"Here take this." Elijah, my third in command, handed me a ice pack for my minor wound to my head.

"Elijah, if you want to keep your job, I suggest you drop your hand."

"Just a joke Boss, " He chuckled but there was nothing humorous about what was said or this event. "maybe a band aid?"

I turned my attention to more important matters, "Where is everyone?"

"Outside in the back, Crixus was shot in the leg but that's about it." Julius confirmed it.

"Your brother sure does know how to get himself into awkward situation." My men and I walked to the back once everything was secure inside. "Get Levi on the phone if he's still available."

Elijah walked off to the side and I came in direct contact with my brothers, who were busy talking amongst themselves, against the hood of the car. "What's going on over there?" I nodded my head towards Lorenzo and Sage, they were passing the phone in between each other.