26. Mixed Waterfall.

Chapter 26:

"If you look here." Julius spoke up while everyone still tried to wake up, they said early but 5 AM was stretching it. Yawning, I rubbed at my eyelids to get a better look at what was being presented in front of me. Julius had sticky notes in his hand with different arrows pointing to our endgame and he pinned them down to make sure everyone was following along. "A month is not enough time, but  Gerardo must know something is being planned."

"I told you." I looked over to Alice who stuck up her middle finger, her hair- like mine- was in a carelessly  not thought out bun, and it wasn't coming down anytime soon. My baggy t shirt and sweats didn't look appealing, but I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

I stood to my feet, padding over to the board to be of assistance. "No," I snagged two sticky notes off before sticking them back in a different order. "We need to know the floor plans before we send spies to raid it, they need a blueprint of what they're looking for. And here," I switched another two out. "That's too predictable for the attack to be of the wedding day, we wouldn't make it out alive. He knows better."

"So when do you suggest it?" Julius looked pleased at my reorganization.

"I'm not the one putting the bullet in him, ask him." I nodded my head towards Nicholai. This was my first time acknowledging him since we set foot in this little apartment we had to meet in.

"I'll deal with it." Nicholai's voice was gruff, even he was irritated at the fact we were all up this early. Sage was half sleep trying to hang on and the two Romano brothers besides Julius looked irritated and Riana was fast asleep on Sergio's shoulder, I don't think he had the energy to complain.

"I'm taking it you're the only night owl." I spoke to Julius who was all chirped up. I needed whatever he had in his system that kept him so energized.

"Kayden sent me in replacement of him, I will fill him in later." He laughed at just the mere mention of him staying up past normal hours. "But to answer your question, no." He turned back to the board, "Just trying to make it out alive in one piece."

"Yes, this is cute and what not." Sage yawned like a caged animal. "But if we're done here, I would like to return back to my couch." He stood, scratching at his side, his tattoos on full display. I only noticed because I saw Alice staring. "Gattina we have children present, close your mouth." He winked at her and her doe eyes turned into a glare.

"We start at dawn." I took charge of telling everyone in the room. I wanted this over with and behind me. "And in 3 weeks we will be done." Nicholai was fixated on me, and turning my head to finally make eye contact with him, that was my way of telling him.

"No." He answered and I raised my eyebrow. "I think we can go longer than that." His eyes never wavered from mine as he sat up, his t shirt stretching to accommodate his frame. "Gives me time."

"We don't have time." I rested my hands on the table, my left leg began to shake underneath the table that nobody could see. "3 weeks."

"Four." He wasn't budging.

"That's three-"

"Technically speaking the only month that is different is February and if we include leap year-" Sergio began to try to educate me.

Riana was quick to shut him down. "Mind your business." She shushed him, she had learned enough from me. Sergio once again sulked, before he brushed her off of him to leave and she looked almost hurt at his absence before she too got up.

"I'm just going to go wait in the car." Alice stretched her out her body before she tapped the table twice. "I'll be careful." She read my warning to not leave me in here but it was understandable as to why she was leaving.